Home | About | Donate

Sanders, Dem Senators Call for Federal Probe After Mulvaney Boasts About 'Pay-to-Play' Tactics

Sanders, Dem Senators Call for Federal Probe After Mulvaney Boasts About 'Pay-to-Play' Tactics

Julia Conley, staff writer

Following last week's statements by White House budget chief Mick Mulvaney, regarding the "hierarchy" he established as a congressman to determine which lobbyists he treated favorably, Sen. Bernie Sanders (I-Vt.) and five Democratic lawmakers on Tuesday demanded a federal investigation into Mulvaney's political activities.

Yeah, well of course he should be probed…repeatedly…then indicted and jailed! BUT, where are any R’con voices for truth, justice, and the American way? On their knees complicit to the trump regimes destruction of America? WHERE are the other Dems raising their voices on this and so many other issues? Where the Dem Senate “leader” “chucky” schumer? too busy kissing netanyahu’s ring? Too busy kissing-up to trump and other destroyers and sabotaging progressive candidates?

FRELL the DP and all their right-wing lite DINO sellouts! With friends like them…

"In the end we will remember not the words of our enemies, but the silence of our friends" – Dr Martin Luther King

I know you are all shocked to hear the lurid details of Mulvaney’s work ethic, but we’ve all heard the song before. With apologies to Cole Porter, the lyrics go something like this:

Love for sale
Appetizing young love for sale
Love that’s fresh and still unspoiled
Love that’s only slightly soiled
Love for sale

Let’s see how many other Democrats get on board. My guess: The majority will not.

Great solution for Pay to Play:

I’d like to know how many that have come forward, have taken money from the banking industry.

Is anyone trying to argue that those running organizations like the DCCC, and the DCCC itself, are any better or different? Mulvaney is horrible, but his problem is being too blunt with his message. The DCCC exists to make the Democrats’ top donors happy and to beat back the left, and they are far more effective at doing that than the Republicans. The Republicans have the power they do because of how horrible the DCCC and similar organizations are. If they weren’t pushing for crappy policies and candidates, and if the Democrats were worth a damn, the Republicans would be toast.

I like Sanders calling out Mulvaney, but he knows damn well that the same thing could be said about most Democrats, which is why with most of them, when they critique Mulvaney, their critiques will go over like a lead balloon. They know it too, they’re just happy to maintain their power, cause they’re shitty people.

It’s never going to stop. The corporate overlords and their chosen candidates don’t care about this country or the people in it. They’re out for themselves and they won’t let anyone else in office. We all saw what Hillary did to sanders. It’s a rich mans world and until we go after them it isn’t going to change.

Totally agree, this is what is wrong with our present system and why we do not have a representative government. The electoral college plays right into this situation by giving the parties a means of keeping progressives out of office…as in ensuring that Hillary got the nomination this last time around.

We just discovered what we’ve known for decades and decades now?

How much of this is “lets have a probe because he just revealed what we all do and THAT is a problem”

Some of those Senators who are calling for an investigation are just as guilty of “pay to play” as Mulvaney. He’s just in trouble because he said it out loud!

I thought Trump was totally not the type of person we need as president, as he has always seemed to me to be a narcissistic sociopath personality out to exploit his presidential status to max for influence and profits. Then his cabinet members were chosen and too many were just like him. So it looks like we have the worst president and worst cabinet in US History.

Donald Trump has assembled the worst Cabinet in American history .…
[https://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/plum-line/wp/2017/01/19/donald-trump-has-assembled-the-worst-cabinet-in-american-history/]
Jan 19, 2017 … Any time a new administration comes into office, there will be some complaining about the new president’s cabinet picks. But we’re seeing something extraordinary happening now. Donald Trump’s cabinet brings with it a combination of ethical problems, inexperience, hostility to the missions of the …