Home | About | Donate

Sanders Demands Trump Rescind 'Truly Outrageous' Decision to Hand Gilead Exclusive Rights Over Possible Coronavirus Treatment

From the article:

When Jonas Salk developed the polio vaccine 65 years ago, he understood the tremendous value it would have for all of humanity, and he refused to patent it,

5 Likes

This one:

~https://www.gp.org/2020

3 Likes

My GILD is down 3.77%, just now? Poor suckers!

1 Like

Day after day as this crisis rages on, Bernie is proving himself to be the leader this country desperately needs. It makes me sick to think that the corrupt democratic party has conspired to force another incompetent imbecile like Biden down the throats of the electorate. Obama, whom I twice supported, has lead the charge in shutting out Bernie and I have zero respect for Barack and his corporate cronies. The need for a third party has never been more clear. The democratic party cannot be redeemed it has to be eliminated. I can only hope that Bernie runs as an independent, assuming that Biden is the nominee.

7 Likes

The name “Gilead” rang a faint bell in my memory—something to do with Gulf War Syndrome and mandatory vaccines for troops—but subsequent searches turned up nothing definitive. The connection with Rumsfeld is another fishy “coincidence.” I put nothing past these monsters.

3 Likes

Meanwhile, a research team in Singapore funded by the Government has developed a test for COVID that can give results in 5 minutes.

~http://www.stationgossip.com/2020/03/researchers-in-singapore-have-just.html

The claim that “only Private Industry is motivated enough to find innovative solutions” is just another line of bullshit promoted by those who profit off tragedy.

4 Likes

you know…the rest of you, ESPECIALLY good ole BERNIE SANDERS who many wish would just SHUT UP and GO AWAY, really need to read and do some research before all of this crap.

Among the benefits of orphan drug designation, this status results in a waiver of the requirement to provide
a pediatric study plan prior to the submission of a New Drug Application – a process that can to take up to
210 days to review.

the company was most LIKELY trying to get the drug OUT QUICKER for use on those who are dying because of it.

GOOD JOB BERN and cult for bringing this truly outrageous idea of getting a treatment to people sooner down as fast as possible! now, i hate donald trump and all his republican mobsters but i really hope they will just break a few more laws and circumvent the 210 day review requirement anyway…why stop breaking the law now when it matters right??

2 Likes

PonyBoy, it is strange that there is not a line of people stretched around the block, with hands waving in the air to be picked to do the deed.
Where is the line? No martyr, no change.

2 Likes

It is called leadership folks. It is what we must have if there is any chance of surviving with a functional system and minimum number of deaths. Trump is a fascist and how well has that worked in the past? Biden is simply incapable of functioning, no question about it. This is most serious threat this country has seen since WWII and look at the quality of leadership - dismal. The cheating DNC is putting us in a position where Trump will be re-elected. It is that simple.

4 Likes

That’s the way patents work, Bernie. Don’t waste your time tilting at that windmill.

you know…bizarre trolls who lie for Trump and the other greedy capitalist whores really need to retroactively abort yourself.
It’s especially funny that what you try to use as pro-Gilead talking points are actually negatives.
They don’t want to do pediatric testing, which means that the drug could be dangerous for minors and nobody would know until it’s too late.
You have to be as dumb as Fuhrer to believe that Gilead, a criminal corporation with a long and sordid history and connected to many sinister GOP operatives, received special treatment for any reason other than to profit the company and its cronies who work for Trump.
I do note that you did the required thing all Trump trolls do, which is saying “I hate Trump” or something similar.
But if you really hated Trump, you wouldn’t be slagging Bernie Sanders.
You need to do better than this, or Vlad is gonna give you a polonium cocktail, kid.

2 Likes

I’m afraid Bernie Sanders just killed a lot of people in the next pandemicmaking all the drug companies think it was worth them looking for treatments and cures. The drug companies have to profit or they stop looking. You can get one pandemic drug for free, but they’ll stop making them. This is sad, he interfered in something he should have just let happen.

True, as far as it goes. But drugs can be made at cost if the reason is to benefit public health, instead of to make a profit. Drug companies spend more on advertising than they do on research and development—which is mostly paid for by taxpayers.

1 Like

Fu*k that, Nationalize pharmaceuticals, we pay for most of the research anyway. Drug companies are merely a new form of leeches and much of what they sell causes as many problems as they solve.

3 Likes

Oh, I am aware of the machinations of the duopoly. The people that are selling us this “pandemic” are (essentially) the same ones that sold us weapons of mass destruction!

1 Like

Yeah, we americans can take it, especially those experiments on children. They use to have to use prisoners, and mentally incompetent.

1 Like

G, let us not kid ourselves, those who would give anything to be in that line, would stretch from NY to San Francisco if asked for volunteers.

Who knows, the next grassy knoll might be on the back nine at Maraloco.

I thought I’d share that Donald Rumsfeld’s relationship to GILEAD and several other intelligent, well educated people concerned with people…were Never Employed at GILEAD. Many people associated with GILEAD and other pharmas are elected to the board of directors, and are self employed or in public service elsewhere. Usually in public capacities such Sec of Defense (i.e Rumsfeld) Government employees associated to groups in need. Your judgements are ignorant to the historical truths of what the PHARMA industry, people who work in their industry and the years educational training; on site teases RC to devote some drug that works and cane be approved. Please compare to the years of failing to develop the final drug you resent having to pay that finally works! Talk to HIV and Hep C patients and ask them what they think. Also list the compassionate programs that the industry funds, provided approved drugs to countries and people in need. Then tell the cost of those contributions to families of employees and patients being sponsored in these programs that it’s nothing but greed and self richness that drives all those thousands of people involved how greedy they all are. Thank you for letting me share my thoughts.

1 Like

A little honesty would be great: neuroleptics vs tardive dyskinesia a history?

Thanks to Bernie and others who speak up against corruption, Gilead has now abandoned its monopoly status for the experimental Covid-19 drug. Now, we each must demand that our Congressional representatives stand up to further attempts that will allow Big Pharma to profit unfairly from this health crisis! The only thing necessary for evil to thrive is that good people do nothing.

3 Likes