Home | About | Donate

Sanders Opposed to Relief Plan That Gives 'Absolutely No Financial Help' to Tens of Millions of Suffering People

Originally published at http://www.commondreams.org/news/2020/12/04/sanders-opposed-relief-plan-gives-absolutely-no-financial-help-tens-millions

6 Likes

the only guy I trust in the whole fucking government. a real mensch who gives a damn about the rest of us! GO BERNIE - FOR US. AND THANK YOU.

29 Likes

I’ll give AOC a close second as someone I trust in goverment.

20 Likes

Democrats could take a cue from Bernie and actually tell the truth.

23 Likes

Good for Bernie. He’s one of the few with guts in the Senate.

17 Likes

The last time a Jew tried to help people by giving sermons that were inspiring and filled with love for one another: He was Crucified.

8 Likes

I add that AOC gets credit for using humor to point out the obvious.

8 Likes

Bernard Sanders, the People’s President and conscience of the nation. Betrayed by a corrupt system and political party dedicated to business as usual, wealth and power. A system and party,not dedicated to sustainability,racial justice, equality, environmental protection and the Natural World, ,accountability for crimes against the people, nation and planet or real peace and a civilian government dedicated to the Common Good!

Bernard Sanders, shows his quality and leadership for all with eyes to see.

24 Likes

40 million Americans can institute their own stimulus by refusing to pay student loans. That is $1.7 trillion that Ameicans can add to the economy and not rely on any politician. I for one would welcome an organized and announced strike. It will help the entire economy if that loan money was spent into the real economy as only people with money in hand can do.

11 Likes

Will any single other Senator take such a stand?

5 Likes

He can’t support it, until at least the first pass through the roll call. Did “leader” Schumer choose Manchin to represent the People’s interests? How do the Democrats keep fooling so many?

9 Likes

But I like her plan even if the comment was (only) sarcasm!

“Maybe,” Ocasio-Cortez added, “if everyone in the U.S. incorporated as an LLC, Mitch McConnell would actually do something for them.”

9 Likes

A poisoned pittance

3 Likes

In case you haven’t noticed…Bernie hasn’t gotten anybody a stimulus check in 9 months. No power. No influence. All talk for his fans.
He did further enrich the oligarchs with the Cares Act. He accomplished that with the rest of the Democrats, in record time.

Bernie just wanted to say this before they all go on another paid vacation.

5 Likes

My bet(I hope): Sanders is not alone, he’s just the public face since he’s in a very safe seat. There are members who share his sentiments, including members of the House. Stimulus checks, or something akin to it, for the limited term liability provisions is an easy call.

The issue: Are Republicans serious? Will they continue to negotiate? Will Sanders and his colleagues call them out if they don’t? The worst thing Pelosi did in October was front negotiations that McConnell refused to participate in and not make it a point in every interview to say that’s what was happening.

3 Likes

3 1/2 TRILLION $ where did it go??? This money will find its way to help donors of both corupt parties. When does the theft end??? Send 2 grand to everyone for four months---------this will grow the economy and small business.

KILL THE BILL!

4 Likes

Yes, kikiki5, “You da person”!

Here’s what I submitted to the NY “Times” article of yesterday (12/3) "The Winds Have Shifted in Pandemic Aid Negotiations” — although the “Times” will not likely allow my comment [as the “Times” notes of comments: “Comments are moderated for civility” but I would add, “and in deference to the Ruling Elite avoiding candor]”.

“I think it should be passed,” Mr. Biden said of the $908 billion proposal in a CNN interview broadcast Thursday evening, though he added, “I’m going to have to ask for more help when we get there to get things done.”

What? What? … WTH?

In response to this ‘milquetoast’, hardly ‘middle of the road’, squeamishly moderate, and barely LOCINO (left of center in name only), warm gruel, ‘we the people’ are not gaining ground, but barely hanging on to anything within sight of Bernie’s “Our Revolution” against this damned Disguised Global Crony Capitalist Empire — which is engorging itself on massive faux-profits produced by a diabolus ex machina pumping and dumping engine of ‘negative externality costs’ tyrannically imposed on ‘we the people’, OUR government, and our entire fragile little shared-world.

My alternative strategy for ‘we the people’ — along with all requirements for Covid cures, shared costs, and a fully functional and fair economic social democracy?:

An aggressive round of “Wealth Reform” — effectively imposed on the ‘Ruling-Elite’, UHNWIs, <0.003%ers, TCCers, self-appointed “Masters of the Universe”, and “Evil Geniuses” [Kurt Andersen] who currently employ such; “Quiet American”; looted, horded, hidden, monopolized, and taken-out-of-productive-use wealth merely to be able to dictate whether the Red Team or Blue Team get to be their compliant dual-party Vichy-facade of faux-democracy for the next four year season in ‘our’ White House.

“But, wait, there’s more” as the Aussie TV ‘Pitch-Men’ always shout-out.

The darn NY “Times” just DID allow a similarly rough and honest reply of mine to be posted on-line in the “Times” as my reply to another commenter named Ken Olshansky — so at least part of my disgust with the weak old uncle Joe, was seen in the “Times” (and hell, it’s in CD, which is better than the “Times”, eh?)

Alan MacDonald
Wells, Maine 2h ago

@Ken Olshansky

Ken, when you say “When like-minded Republicans and Democrats work together” — I’m assuming that you mean, “work-together” to support the ‘Ruling-Elite’, UHNWIs, <0.003%ers, TCCers, self-appointed “Masters of the Universe”, and “Evil Geniuses” [Kurt Andersen] to decide whether they prefer the Red Team or the Blue Team to be their compliant dual-party Vichy-facade of faux-democracy for the next four year season in OUR White House.

1 Like

BREAKING NEWS------NOT-------400,000 no longer getting unemployment have given up looking for work???

How can anyone live on unemployment ------its like SS----payments are still at 1980’s payment levels.

WHEN DO AMERICANS STOP SCREWING THEMSELVES???

6 Likes

Where was this Bernie when he voted for the CARES Act, the largest upward transfer of wealth in human history?

8 Likes

Sanders was voting for a law that put a hold on evictions; gave people stimulus checks; expanded unemployment benefits to cover workers, including the self-employed, not typically covered; funded free Covid testing; and established federal loan guarantees for small employers.

13 Likes