Home | About | Donate

Sanders Says GOP Budget Chair Won't Hold Hearing on Trump Plan Because It Would Expose President as 'Fraud That He Is'

The Bill of Rights is cool, but the Constitution is basically a document to protect the property and wealth of the rich, white, propertied males who wrote the damn thing behind locked, guarded doors to keep the rabble commoners out. Further, the Constitution and the Bill of Rights meaning and legal interpretation has been overhauled by the Supreme Court to protect what the founding fathers wanted protected - their property and wealth. There is no fixing the damn thing as it stands. We the People have to start over. And of course that is problematic as you stated. Maybe, like Carson quoted, it’s time to refresh the Tree of Liberty…

4 Likes

I’m not too hung up on labels. If cars were called chairs, I’d still drive mine as long as it got me to where I wanted to go.

3 Likes

Hell if I know. The funny thing is, I’m a vegan pacifist, someone who has no violence in him, who has never been trained to use weapons against any animal including humans. I’ve never even been in a fistfight.
However, I do get a sad feeling that there could be a Civil War 2.0 showdown between the dangerous fascist cult and those of us who oppose it and their Fuhrer.
Problem is, the Fuhrer and his cult are ridiculously well armed and lavishly funded, they have the police forces and military on their side, and they love to harm people. They’re thirsting for it. Like Zimmerman was, drooling with desire as he stalked Trayvon.

4 Likes

We’re past “there.” And the 99% remain dormant, here in the USA, bleating out “we have found happiness; we are the greatest nation that has ever existed on Earth.” And then they blink with a blank expression on their face & go back to complaining about the rising cost of living…lmao. stick a fork in the USA. It’s an empire in decline.

My only remaining hope is that the 99% in the rest of the world haven’t become as pathetically misguided/capricious/lazy as us Americans have. Truth be told, im not much more optimistic about their prospects, but at least i can be relatively confident that they’re willing to try. More than i can say for Americans :roll_eyes:

2 Likes

That’s why we gotta court their mercenar- uh, Army i mean…

we gotta make sure they know that their fate (&their families’ fates) are linked to the 99%. Even then, i admit, they’ll probably choose their short-term money…but that’s where we’re at, as of 2020.

1 Like

I doubt music will return G.

Once they take away something it’s usually gone for good.

Ask any gelding. Or my male cat.

Jokes aside, I am thinking of setting up my Internet radio station again. I would find it comforting.

2 Likes

Okay then…I guess we have to fight harder to get Bernie on the ballot and voted into office. That isn’t going to help our situation all that much, but at least the military will be on our side when the MEGA people go ballistic.

It will be interesting how Trump followers will react to Trumps new budget that cuts disability payments, social security, medicare, food stamps, etc. The Trump supporters have already been run over by the neoliberals/stupid D’s that put them in the poor house. Now Trump is going to pull the rug out from under them? Not a very smart move. At some point these folks will wake up to the fact that the whole system is rigged against the people - by both the D’s and R’s. Might even be a chance that we can find common cause with them.

I think I’ll go get some more popcorn…

1 Like

The 99% ain’t dormant. After Occupy was violently squished by Obama, they are just waiting for an opening where the people unite in common cause against the system itself. The tree of liberty will be refreshed on way or another. I’m just hoping it isn’t a Mad Max scenario…

2 Likes

Ditto

What you suggest is true. This is the first time I have seen it suggested that a Constitutional Convention would be an alternative as a ‘lesser of two evils’ solution, Convention or Revolution, to a very dire situation which has been building in our country for many generations. With the politics of our country so divided and confrontational and our government unquestionably owned and corrupted by wealthy individuals I see very little to be accomplished by a Constitutional Convention. But, as a final, last ditch try before outright Revolution inevitable comes, it is certainly worth the effort.

1 Like

Truer words have never been spoken! We have marched peacefully in the streets to the point that we are merely ignored. Maybe it is time to put the fear of an enraged people in the streets in their view and scare the puppets of the rich into action.

2 Likes

By simply doing nothing the fast approaching climate disaster will cement us in the geological history which awaits inaction. Party on on the graves of your kids!

1 Like

A Constitutional Convention. Maybe after we undo the undemocratic machinations and cheating by the Repiglicans, maybe. With the rules currently in place, we’d all end up yoked like oxen plowing fields with our teeth.