Home | About | Donate

Sanders Stands Alone as Only Candidate Skipping AIPAC

Sanders Stands Alone as Only Candidate Skipping AIPAC

Andrea Germanos, staff writer

Bernie Sanders will be the only 2016 presidential candidate not to address the annual conference of the powerful American Israel Public Affairs Committee (AIPAC), which starts Sunday in Washington, D.C..

Sanders stands alone on every important issue.

Can't wait to see the letter to these monsters from Bernie. Let's see if he kisses some AIPAC ass. Judging by the letter, and the fact that he is running for the nomination of one of the branches of the capitalist duopoly, odds are high that he will.

Apparently Bernie is now comfortable in; 'exposing', 'speaking-out', educating people about, and committing to NOT deal with, and actually non-violently confront this one 'border fort' of the Disguised Global Capitalist Empire located in Israel --- and to call-out attention to AIPAC [the American-style Imperialism Political Action Committee] headquartered within the metropole, and 'posing' as, our former country.

This is, to use his words, HUUUGE, in terms of Bernie starting to 'take-on', 'call-out', 'un-mask' and begin his essential and truthful "Political Revolution" --- by further defining that "Political Revolution" in a full sentence (with an 'object') as the "Political Revolution against Empire".

This is HUUUGE --- even though Bernie's first point of confrontation with the Empire is at the periphery of the Empire, where the 'border-fort' of the Empire's territory in the rich 'oil territories' of the Empire is the lonely outpost of Israel, as the Disguised Global Capitalist Empire's control of the Greater Middle East [In what Thomas Barnett's 2004 Naval War College strategy and book, "The Pentagon's New Map", which more accurately should have been titled, "The Global Empire's New Map", confronts the GAP countries in 'Crescent of Instability', across the 5000 mi. swath from Mauritania to the very borders of China and Russia [Ukraine], this initial 'foreign policy' candor by Bernie against Empire's AIPAC vehicle will ultimately lead to his firing anon-violent "Shout heard round the world" to ignite our "Political Revolution against Empire" --- non-violently this time in a Second American Revolution against Empire again, just as 'the people' took up 240 years ago this year.

"The U.S. state is a key point of condensation for pressures from dominant groups around the world to resolve problems of global capitalism and to secure the legitimacy of the system overall. In this regard, “U.S.” imperialism refers to the use by transnational elites of the U.S. state apparatus to continue to attempt to expand, defend, and stabilize the global capitalist system. We are witness less to a “U.S.” imperialism per se than to a global capitalist imperialism. We face an empire of global capital, headquartered, for evident historical reasons, in Washington."

Robinson, William I. (2014-07-31). Global Capitalism and the Crisis of Humanity (p. 122). Cambridge University Press. Kindle Edition.

I agree. Kissing AIPAC's collective ass is BULLSHIT!!! Thanks for putting it so precisely and concisely!

I agree, but what are the odds the words "war crimes" will be in that letter? And if they are, should he not go say them in person?

Why walk into a shit storm? Bernie's no fool.He's going to catch a certain amount of crap for not showing up, but showing up and denouncing AIPAC would make him a lightning rod for all the Looney Tunes people on the Right.He needs to focus on getting delegates, not fighting a fire he doesn't need to start.

Prediction? He already said "I hope the conference goes well" to the president of AIPAC. He should be hoping the conference goes as well as the movie premier scene in Inglourious Basterds.

I could care less whether or not I'm right or wrong. I'm merely pointing out why I think it would be stupid for Bernie to visit AIPAC like the rest of the buffoons. And I don't need a tutorial on what AIPAC is all about. If you don't like Bernie, that's your choice. He's the best there is at the moment. He's making a tactical decision about AIPAC. Sometimes tactical decisions are not pure. Sucks for some of us, evidently.

Perfectly said.

These facts don't make it hard for me to support Bernie.He has simply stated by his refusal to participate in the AIPAC show that he does not support their policies-or their influence over US policies in the Middle East. That's enough for me.Israel is not that important an issue for me personally. And yes-you did deliver a tutorial.A small and not particularly original one. Since Bernie does not come up to your moral standards, I suppose you can vote for the Algebra Nun. She's pretty harmless, and she doesn't stand the remotest chance of winning the nomination. But you'll be morally satisfied. On the other hand, Bernie IMHO actually still has a shot at the nomination. So cut him some slack on this issue, and if all the planets line up, he'll become President, and then you can rail at him all you like.

Bernie, you've been right all along since your days as a mayor, as a congressman, a senator and why not, now, President?. Same here. GO BERNIE!

Here's one:
http://www.usnews.com/opinion/blogs/world-report/articles/2016-03-01/bernie-sanders-would-find-plenty-to-cut-in-the-defense-budget

there is more - google it.

This post was flagged by the community and is temporarily hidden.

Are you and EVD that socially clueless? The best way to address an organization you vehemently oppose is to stay away from them, not show up and hector them which as Flatman said, would only create a "shit storm".

maxbeaverbrook, just read your comments in my inbox from the now moved on tribute thread to Rachel Corrie. We here appear to not as yet have thewords of Sen. Sanders non-speech to AIPAC. I suspect it
won't be released until the speeches by the other candidate have made theirs which I believe is on Monday.

I grant you the one suggested from Mondoweiss I posted on the Corrie
thread is most likely far too extreme to be made, but even still IMHO
it is worth another read here for those members who might have missed
it. Enjoy or not.

" 'Regardless of any spin he's offering,' Blumenthal told Salon, 'I think Sanders recognized that sharing a stage with bigots at AIPAC and apartheid lobbyists would be anathema to his hardcore base of support.' ":
Perhaps but judging from his former comments I am very skeptical this is it.

Some links to interpretations of Bernie's position:

http://www.ibtimes.com/why-bernie-sanders-skipping-aipac-conference-jewish-candidate-declines-invite-pro-2339423

Giovanna, the speech posted was not one made nor will be made by Sen. Sanders. It was one posted on Mondoweiss.net as a suggestion by that web-site.

I'm adding another URL from Mondoweiss some may appreciate
and others may not which includes both information and a section
of the Blumenthal petition to Sen. Sanders it appears he chose to
follow.