Home | About | Donate

Sanders Statement on House Trade Bill Vote

Sanders Statement on House Trade Bill Vote

WASHINGTON - Sen. Bernie Sanders (I-Vt.) today issued the following statement after the House scuttled a trade bill:

“I applaud the House of Representatives for the vote today. While the fight will no doubt continue, today’s vote is a victory for America’s working people and for the environment. It is clearly a defeat for corporate America, which has outsourced millions of decent-paying jobs and wants to continue doing just that.”

###

hellloooo, mz hillary....wherefore art thou? where's your support of bernie and wethepeople? where's your condemnation of all the versions of the tpp? what a shell of a presidential candidate w/ nothing but rot on the inside.....yuk.

I have to confess to a reluctant admiration for Mr Sanders. While to me the 800 pound gorilla in the room is the Empire, no domestic reforms being possible while these colonial wars for world hegemony are raging, and Mr Sanders is weak on this, his statement on the wacky trade deals is very positive.
Americans do have to face the fact that their standard of living is now wholly based upon the military power necessary to make foreigners take for their resources all the dollars we care to print. Between that problem and the other plain fact that the planet cannot sustain our exaggerated consumption any reform without the revolutionary disabling of the present American corporate state now seems utterly impossible.
Clearly Mr Sanders has no intention of being the American Gorbachev, and nor will our deep state allow him to do that even if he so desired.