Home | About | Donate

Sanders Statement on Push to Pass Pacific Trade Pact

Sanders Statement on Push to Pass Pacific Trade Pact

BURLINGTON, Vermont - U.S. Sen. Bernie Sanders (I-Vt.) released the following statement Friday after the White House took new action to pass the Trans-Pacific Partnership:

"I am disappointed by the president's decision to continue pushing forward on the disastrous Trans-Pacific Partnership trade agreement that will cost American jobs, harm the environment, increase the cost of prescription drugs and threaten our ability to protect public health.

###

Add this: Senator Sanders, why haven't you "suggested" (at the very least) that Obama is a traitor in the exact definition of the word. The TTP/TTTIP are not trade pacts; hundreds of pages dealing with "free markets" are there simply to hide the few on which the plans are laid out for the courts in which multinationals will bankrupt every nation already not destitute.
If you are not brave enough to discuss and write about this, who will be? Say it, sir: OBAMA IS A TRAITOR.

iso, i don't get your point here. yes, i'm very disappointed in bernie. if they threatened and coerced him, i wish to hell he'd out with it. i can't vote for clinton....even holding my nose won't let me do it. i'm delusional and hoping for a jill miracle.....

Any politician supporting TPP might also be considered a traitor, but good luck with getting that acknowledged, let alone making it stick.