Home | About | Donate

Sanders: Trump Spewing 'Total Nonsense' Over GOP Tax Cut Plan

Sanders: Trump Spewing 'Total Nonsense' Over GOP Tax Cut Plan

Common Dreams staff

"There is a reason why the billionaire class provides hundreds of millions of dollars in campaign contributions to Republicans. And now is payback time."

Good to see Sanders continuing to shine a light on the GOP while making it less comfortable for the Democrats to let the clock run out, thereby enabling perpetuation of their lesser evil strategy at our expense.

What will never cease to amaze me is that people like Ryan, McConnell, Hatch and others can sleep at night knowing full well they are stealing from their own fellow citizens. This is the new Patriotism since ronnie raygun, citizens united and such.

“There is a reason why the billionaire class provides hundreds of millions of dollars in campaign contributions to Republican.”

And to Democrats, Bernie. Wow. Sanders doesn’t even pretend any more that he is anything but a shill for the Dems. As if the tax situation we are in here in the U.S. hasn’t been the fault of both wings of the oligarcy for decades now.

And this guy is the hero of “progressives?” Scary.

Yeah, it’s pretty hard to ignore the twisted logic of some commenters here, that goes something like this:

We need to get big money out of politics
But in the meantime, we need big money.
Because the only thing that can stop bad guys with billions, is good guys with billions.

President Trump Job Approval Marist Approve 39, Disapprove 55 Disapprove +16
President Trump Job Approval Reuters/Ipsos Approve 37, Disapprove 59 Disapprove +22
President Trump Job Approval Economist/YouGov Approve 39, Disapprove 56 Disapprove +17
Congressional Job Approval Economist/YouGov Approve 9, Disapprove 69 Disapprove +60
Congressional Job Approval Reuters/Ipsos Approve 19, Disapprove 68 Disapprove +49

Have you been noticing the increase of Troll activity here? A clear sign the message is getting out and the truth is being told.

They sleep at night because they are sociopaths. They don’t care about people - only money.

Frankly, having frequented sites where paid troll activity was blatant as hell, I’m not seeing it anywhere near as much here, at least not in its ham-handed form.

I see your point but Bernie is still my hero. He’s the only legislator out there telling us what is really going on. Where would we be if he wasn’t waking people up, and they were still believing Republican/Dem propaganda?

BS! Every word you write to demean and belittle one of the only voices trying to get the message out about the subversion of vast wealth serves the R’Con scum! The delusional, diversionary crap you try to peddle about Sanders is nonsense - just like R’Cons! Begone troll!

…And so, are looking to a hero of the ReThugliCons? That’s stupid and not very scary. So, IOKIYA fucking R!! This kind of crap is truly puke worthy.

And so your alternative?

I think it was said they do not care that they are on the Titanic as long as they get to ride first class.

The Republicans claim their big donors are fed up with not getting anything from the Republicans such as repeal of Obamacare so as Sanders says this is an attempt to payback the big donors. I think is well known by now that the Republicans care first and foremost about their own jobs which depends on winning elections and secondarily about the party winning. They clearly put their jobs and the party over country. The clearest example is climate denial. Not addressing the extreme economic inequality that exists today is another example. They are okay with another gilded age.

There are all manner of remedies for the safety net. Take Social Security, all that needs to be done is raise the artificially low income cap. These programs are all set artificially low and have not been adjusted in years. People that make over a couple hundred thousand pay the same rate as those that make a couple hundred million. Time to pay your fair share like the rest of of us.

Who are those big donors that you are reference in your post?

It could be worse, at least Democrats haven’t resorted to scum like Roy Moore, I call that desperation.

Why do you assume that anyone who has a different opinion than you is a troll? Perhaps, instead of resorting to name calling and knee-jerk reaction, you should engage in dialogue with those who don’t idolize Sanders. Maybe we would all learn something.

Why do you assume that anyone who has a different opinion than you is a troll. Perhaps, instead of resorting to name calling and knee-jerk reaction, you should engage in dialogue with those who don’t idolize Sanders. Maybe we would all learn something.