Home | About | Donate

Sanders Unveils Plan to Wipe Out All Medical Debt in US, Declaring, 'The Very Concept Should Not Exist'

Originally published at http://www.commondreams.org/news/2019/09/21/sanders-unveils-plan-wipe-out-all-medical-debt-us-declaring-very-concept-should-not

6 Likes

I may have had issues with him after last primary BUT I have forgiven him and MYSELF for doubting him and have definitely become a member of the camp: BERNIE OR BUST!!!

10 Likes

I wish I thought it was plausible that we could actually put this man of vision in the white house, or even as the nominee, given the total grip TPTB have on us and our institutions.

7 Likes

LadyK, I feel the way you do off and on also. We just CANNOT GIVE UP! Granted TPTB are pretty much “in charge” and lead the league in CORRUPTION but “We the People” have the numbers! Some way we MUST work to get people to merge into a big glob of “You are done screwing us!” and change the odds. How? Sorry, LadyK, if I had the answer we’d already be there. I just do what little I can with power I can scrape together to add just ONE MORE VOICE to the change that NUST come!

9 Likes

Please Kathryn, as much as that bizzaro world of corruption and wealth affects us, we must not succumb to malaise or negative waves, regardless the narrative they want us to hear, and believe to control us.

The fast-held belief in a thing sometimes leads to the reality - the manifesting - of that thing, and we need more than ever the power that lives in unity of purpose and belief - in this instance the person and potential of Bernard Sanders - at the very least for all the great work and influence he is having on us all. I do not believe the polls and the ability of the entrenched DINO PTB scum to “have a grip on us”, and their supposed control the masses may prove weak…

The future is not yet written! The epitaph of corrupt self-interested politics and its adherents is, it’s just a question of when it will become reality.

11 Likes

I am the original negative downer. I feel as you do but of course we can’t actually give up. It took over a hundred years from the first serious talk of giving the vote to females to actually codifying it into law. If they’d have given up after 75 years they might not have the vote today…
Sanders clearly most likely will not make it to the White House but working on behalf of the policies he stands for over and over for years on end will, I have to think, come to pass in large part. If we still have a somewhat liveable planet of course! Big if there…

7 Likes

It gets me down too. I then go on YouTube and listen to one of his many rallies and my spirits rise. Unbelievable that we have a politician with these incredible ideas and policies. We must back him and keep our truth flag flying. Bernie and us, we are strong.

6 Likes

Nice example–suffrage–of the long term commitment. Appreciate it.

3 Likes

Hi LadyK:
you just never know how things will turn out. After reading about the presidential race of Truman/Dewey, it seems like in history at least, there are no sure things!

2 Likes

Any self identifying progressive who does not support this man is afraid of something.

3 Likes

Never Give up - It aint’ over till it’s over

3 Likes

Do not fall prey to the spin of MSM about Bernie’s chances. It’s corporate spin, completely distorted and paid for. Bernie may yet win the nomination and election because the planet has the last word and is speaking to us loudly and more clearly than ever before and more to come on that front as we get closer and Bernie has the only real plan to meet what is needed. Michael Moore beat back Bill Maher in an amazing diatribe last week laying out the facts.

5 Likes

Bill Maher and Joe Scarborough continue to label Sanders and his ilk as “far left” despite Sanders’ platform being no different than FDR, JFK, LBJ and other centrists. Joe even suggested a Democratic candidate like Robert Kennedy would be a better choice. What are you smoking, Joe ? RFK was no less left leaning than Sanders is.

5 Likes

Just like everybody else I need hope to survive. At the same time I do not want my need for hope cloud my view of reality. And reality is we are deep in this fascist shit.The US fascists so far have made all the right moves that benefits their agenda. Eight weeks after 9/11 the Patriot Act was on the table. That’s the piece of legislation designed to dismantle/override the US Constitution. Then they seized the US judiciary by installing Kavanaugh to the SC, and countless right-wing judges throughout the country. The criminals in the WH will not be coy when the time comes to make the US into a dictatorship. That would be next according to the fascist playbook.
As to Bernie Sanders: I sincerely hope he wins.

5 Likes

Even if Bernie loses, he is saying grand things which few have dared to think and no one has dared to say. His vision is forming in America’s minds. Win or lose, we all must validate it and help it gain permanence. Promote the movement.

5 Likes

Maher a Zionist and Scarborough a Republican are not exactly my first choice on voting matters

2 Likes

Exactly.

Let me add my voice to those who responded to you above with similar messages.

First, it actually is still plausible - though his chances clearly aren’t as likely as Elizabeth Warren’s.

Secondly, After millions upon millions of youth take to the streets fo demand action on the climate crisis, people’s hopes should be renewed.

Thirdly, You don’t have to win the election to have a profound effect and move things forward. Bernie’s 2016 campaign brought Medicare for All out of the fringe and into the mainstream. Bernie may not win the presidency in 2020 but I predict that within a decade many of the ideas of a just society that he puts forward will move from fantasy to mainstream to law.

3 Likes

Welcome indeed and thanks for an insightful comment. What was that we said in the '60’s - “you can’t trust the establishment” ? Well, the M$Media and in large part the pollsters as well as the entire DNC (Democratic National Corruption) are just that!. I’m going off to look up Michael Moore right now. It’d be a great way to start off a Sunday morning.

2 Likes

Hello dpearl, If only humanity had more time to survive would this and so many other things be accomplished. Unfortunately the clock, in geological time, is at a half a second from humanities end. No one knows when that half second is over but the signs are getting worse each and every day.

3 Likes