Home | About | Donate

Sanders Vows, If Elected, to Pursue Criminal Charges Against Fossil Fuel CEOs for Knowingly 'Destroying the Planet'

All these farmers who are losing their farms due to Trump’s trade war could
start growing hemp instead of soy beans.

I read a study not too long ago that showed today’s children have plastic
in their bodies.

1 Like

With the rush of the GOP and their evangelical base to create a theocratic country
I have a real problem with “religious rights”. Religious rights for some seems to mean
taking the rights away from others.

In fact scientists are finding that micro plastics are now in the very rain that falls.

1 Like

Virtually all religions mandate “spreading the word” and converting others to their faith.

Hi flanigan2:
Maybe this should become a Supreme Court case-----as the First Amendment does not state a specific religion—as I understand it, it protects all religions—unless of course you are GW Bush and Cheney et al who got away with murder. : (

Bernie Sanders could stop using his imported sports car. Political Fossils don’t kill, political action figures do!

This is idiotic, we are all complacent in this, we all use fossil fuels. Point the finger at yourself, your parents, your grandparents, we are all responsible. How about he actually does something helpful, and uses his celebrity and influence to lobby for change instead, makes a plan, and looks to how he can influence industry to invest in ecologically friendly development? This is what will actually make a difference, cooperation, and investment in what will make a difference. Penalties, and lining the government coffers will not make a difference. Like, what everyone should be doing. Lets build a future, not destroy our present foundations, based on radio al ridiculous premises. That is the fastest route to change.

The sort of electoral coalition you call for is simply impossible in first-past-the-post, winner-take-all electoral system (which is how the USA, aping the UK, determines individual office holders), that naturally mitigates towards a two party set-up.
And to change that nationwide would require a constitutional amendment, as the means of electing officer holders to federal office is left to the individual states to a certain extent.

Long overdue if this can happen. However, the obstacles to such are varied and powerful.

No, Judaism isn’t a proselytizing religion, nor do I think Buddhism and Hinduism are. But Christianity certainly is.

I said virtually all. That said there very good evidence that Both Judaism and Christianity were built on the backbone of Buddhism and before that Hinduism and the vedic scriptures. Given the timeline of Buddha as around 500 BC and that of Krishna around 2000 BC it has been concluded that early Monks came out of India with their teachings in years predating Judaism and much of what they taught was adopted by the peoples there.

When early Christian missionaries arrived in India and started to learn of all of those peoples myths and history and of the births of Buddha and Krishna they were struck as to how similar this to stories out of the Bible. They insisted that the Indians must have adopted the Christian myths as their own even though the Vedic writings predated Christianity by several thousand years.

That all said I tend to lean towards Buddhism being more a Philosophy then a Religion. The Buddha was not seen as a god.

Here is an excellent discussion on this from both sides and I agree with the second one.

I’d offer a pardon for all of them, the CEOs.

I’d offer them all Pardons, all the lobbyists, all the politicians even. I’d hold Congressional Hearings.

I’d hold Congressional Hearings. First I’d make Contempt of Congress during reconciliation hearings a 20 year maximum security GenPop no parole mandatory sentence per count.

Then I’d have those hearings. I’d start with witnesses and participants rather lower on the feeding chain than those CEO and such. Work on up the line. Considering the incentives, the story will all be out, with proof, by the time you get even close to those people. They can tell the truth, good for them, good for the country. Or they can fall on their sword, no one will shed a tear. Or lie. I’m fine with that.