Home | About | Donate

Sanders Vows to Fight DNC for Progressive Agenda that Voters Want

Sanders Vows to Fight DNC for Progressive Agenda that Voters Want

Lauren McCauley, staff writer

The ongoing rift between Democratic elites and Bernie Sanders may come to a head at the convention in July, as the presidential hopeful has promised a "fight" if the party refuses to include "bold" progressive initiatives on the Democratic platform.

Such a move, the Vermont senator said, would be tantamount to "silencing" the "9 million voters who, during this nominating process, have indicated that they want to go beyond establishment politics and establishment economics."

Bernie or Bust! Not Donald. Not Hillary.

The astrological influences this month are more favorable to Sanders than Clinton.

I'm glad to see Bernie take this to the finish line rather than concede to the bullying of the status quo Dems. who've lost the soul of the party to their personal need to procure enough capital to run successful campaigns (or otherwise curry fiscal favor with all the well-heeled types).

Anomalies Happen!

I've always heard you can never let an idiot think they're right, but Trump is right, the "books are cooked against Bernie Sanders". You notice he hasn't really said much against Bernie, I think he admires him and I know he knows Bernie would beat him in the race. The corrupt DNC will overreach, as usual, and blow the lid off the scheme if they don't adjust the Committees to reflect the will of half this country. I hope Bernie raises hell at the convention and if they still shut him out he should run Independent. Why not? They have screwed him through the whole election so he should have no loyalty to the corrupted party. Now is the time for a third party, while the other two burn down.

The gauntlet has been thrown down by the Dem establishment whores, and Sanders must challenge their corruption in the strongest possible ways. Those ways go beyond any Dem "platform" that would be an empty charade the Red Queen will ignore as she's ignored/undermined progressive/moral issues her entire career - along with her partner, Bill!
This is an existential fight and the millions that see the critical need for real change are depending on Bernie Sanders to continue to lead - they will by and large never be led back to a corrupt party charade!

Bernie should see that he's being sabotaged and sandbagged along with all the millions who support a moral vision for the future, and if he is denied the nomination he should-must explore the third party path, IMO. The DNC/DLC party model of corrupt politics and servitude to the 1%, corporate fascism, banker Wall Street parasites is a criminal fraud - Hillary Clinton & Co is a fraud!

We cannot wait, cannot accept the fraud or "lesser evil" scam, cannot be moved from real change and real leadership.......

"I cannot vote for Hillary Clinton - I cannot live with blood on my hands"

This post was flagged by the community and is temporarily hidden.

Trump knows Bernie would beat him for POTUS. Agree 100%! I would argue because of so many independents like me and many more that I know, that Bernie would bury Trump, but alas, like Trump says: " the books are cooked against Bernie Sanders". But the dems. may have cooked their own goose if they lose the POTUS to Trump.

One good way to mobilize and fight the DNC is to assure them that if they cheat Bernie out of the nomination, he will run third party, break up the duopoly and possibly win.

Like Susan Sarandon said, a Trump victory would make the revolution happen sooner.

SR, always happy to see a more inclusive perspective included on CD or anywhere for that matter. (Referring to your astrological reference.) I find that CD usually has comments that leave out a more metaphysical slant entirely or poo poo it altogether.

Thanks again for including that here.

Got my FeeltheBern bumper sticker on the back of my car here in SW MO and hoping that nobody keys it or worse. Power on!

There can be no compromise with evil...or economic, financial, political slavery!

Our example of moral courage and integrity as well as Bernie's, should be Emiliano Zapata who said - "I'd rather die on my feet, than live on my knees".

ANY capitulation to the corrupt Dem establishment, their masters, and their sycophant lap-dogs is not acceptable.........

The Dem Trojan Horse corporate establishment of the Clintons & Obama must be brought down! Sanders must live/fight-for that reality and not give-in to any party "unity" BS or "Nader fear"!

Bernie knew the DNC (a registered political corporation) would have its corrupt thumb on the scales of democracy. Seems clear, to me, that Sanders has always been appealing to super delegates because they were on board with Killery before anybody else declared their candidacy. This relatively new elongated campaign period is exposing its downside.

Bernie has been running a spectacular campaign considering the power of the "establishment's" hanky-panky. The true numbers of Sanders supporters are being carefully ignored by MSM. The few remaining states favor Bernie.

The campaign isn't done until the fat lady sings.

Bernie vows to fight for progressive agenda?

There is only one way and only one way Bernie can do that if he loses the Dems. nomination for POTUS. That is to go with the Greens or some other progressive party!

No matter how aggressive the progressive agenda, if Bernie loses to " crooked Hillary" it will mean little as long as he tries to reform the corrupt Dems.

Like any crooked used car salesman, the DNC will tell Bernie anything to make the sale.

Platforms are not worth the paper they are printed on. Is that all there is Bernie, a worthless piece of paper for your efforts? I hate to say it, but Bernie's performance last night, although brilliant in part, especially when he spoke from the heart about the folks in West Virginia, ended with a committment to do all he can to defeat Trump, even if he is not the nominee, could be interpreted as a backdoor reaffirmation of support for Hillary--Rachel seemed pleased.

Why Bernie even discusses what he will do when Hillary gets the nomination is beyond me, it helps him not. Bernie it is you or bust.

For the sake of humor in the face of...

NY Primary fraud details revealed, Hillary’s Money laundering, How UFC abuses fighters, & more

Kevin Gozstola outlines Hillary's plans to run as a pre-Trump Republican, plans already in motion ...

For all the gossiping and attacks on me for criticizing the way people think complaining online is enough, I noticed that while many said what Bernie should do and what people should do after the convention not one person thought be an **activist and to go to Philadelphia and stand in protest towards what has been happening. No one advocated demonstrating!

So okay. They don't want anyone to pop their online bubbles I guess. We all lose though. They defend their egos but do not organize others to be active. We lose because even progressives who supposedly are so caring and committed to social justice and so outspoken are expecting to keep sitting at home... They don't DO! They just talk and vent and rant about the big picture but they don't actually DO themselves. They don't protest themselves but will say others should. They truly feel talking about the ills of the world online is enough for them.

They don't demand of themselves that they demonstrate against the corruption. They don't feel honor bound after all their talking to actually do either protest or civil disobedience. Not one person advocated going to Phiiladelphia in July to protest and make their voices known by their marching feet. They want Bernie to do it for them. They want Bernie to keep fighting while they talk about him fighting. They even tell Bernie to become a Green after the Greens did so much to fight Bernie. They are remote and out of touch except with talk.

Peace to you all but you won't get it sitting at home. Shut ins and those disabled or elderly or physically ill excepted... If you are able then do more than talk this once. Support Bernie on your own. He will not ask you to come protest ... That is your choice as an American. Do it for democracy or lose your democracy. Bernie has done an amazing job ... How about you?

And all those who have read my posts these many months and who keep sniping at me trying to censor me and all the rest. You want a chat room of like minded regulars that does what besides talk? Well okay. Have fun. Try to think of something to add to the debate instead of just agreeing with each other.

Peace

Go Bernie!

"Bernie should see that he's being sabotaged and sandbagged along with all the millions who support a moral vision for the future, and if he is denied the nomination he shouldmust explore the third party path, IMO. The DNC/DLC party model of corrupt politics and servitude to the 1%, corporate fascism, banker Wall Street parasites is a criminal fraud - Hillary Clinton & Co is a fraud!"

I think Sanders spoke to (or had a sit-down) with Ralph Nader and was thereby apprised of how all this trickery operates.

Of course, there's a gap between knowing about a thing and actually experiencing it!