Home | About | Donate

Sanders Welcomes McConnell Decision to Block TPP

Sanders Welcomes McConnell Decision to Block TPP

Senator Bernie Sanders

BURLINGTON, Vt. - U.S. Sen. Bernie Sanders (I-Vt.) said Friday that opponents of a bad trade deal scored a major victory with an announcement by U.S. Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell (R-Ky.) that the Senate will not vote this year on the proposed Trans-Pacific Partnership.

“I welcome Majority Leader McConnell’s announcement that he will block a vote in the Senate this year on the disastrous, job-killing Trans-Pacific Partnership. This is good news for American workers, for the environment and for the ability to protect public health.”

###

Note, what party does McConnell belong to. As long as he can count on Obama now or Clinton 5 months from now passing this poisonous capitalist legislation, who the hell does he care who enacts it. It will be done. I believe Sanders is either naive or is playing a role that keeps him in the limelight. Either way, the Republicans can say they were not responsible for the adverse effects that the legislation will have on the vast majority of the US public's economic and social needs. The Dems really don't give a damn. I really wish that Sanders would get back to Vermont and leave bad enough alone. His time is past. The so called OR is DOA.

Whatever. More often than not I sadly think that if the Queen of Darkness doesn't first start a nuke war, then all our collective asses will be painfully fried in a near term future of global heating. At least I can satisfy myself with thinking that the TTIP is dead.