Home | About | Donate

#SaveThePostOffice: New Documents Show Postal Delays Are 'Far Worse' Than Previously Known

Originally published at http://www.commondreams.org/news/2020/08/22/savethepostoffice-new-documents-show-postal-delays-are-far-worse-previously-known

5 Likes

I’m not surpised at all.

People should investigate the possibility of impeaching TRUMP.

BUT NOT THE DNC, THEY DON’T REPRESENT US.

they should be impeached too.

7 Likes

THIS IS A COUP ATTEMPT IN PROGRESS.

Comer, McCarthy, and Scalise SHOULD be next for the hot seat.
Heads need to start rolling.
Oh, and take THEIR right to vote away.

7 Likes

Indict those who have taken measures to interfere with the delivery of the U.S. Mail.

If Barr and the DOJ will not carry through with the arrest, and prosecution of those indicted, he must be removed, either voluntarily or by force.

There are a lot of people unemployed right now that I am will go out on a limb in saying would be willing to volunteer in arresting and removing him.

10 Likes

Better hope there are enough checks and balances left so that justice is handed out to the administrations remaining crooks. Mueller had enough for impeachment. We cringe in the vacuum of the justice not being administered where it is due.

6 Likes

A citizen’s lawsuit also would be appropriate. DeJoy needs to go to jail, but he shouldn’t be able to take the increased stock benefits of trashing the post office at the expense of the people.

He personally should absorb the costs of his actions and pay up!

12 Likes

My best hope is that from their own sense of self preservation our common survival is one of the side effects of the power classes’ bizarre behavior.

1 Like

Good luck with that!   Evidence from the La Brea tar pits shows that predators standing on top of their sinking victims will keep on eating until they too are caught in the goop.*

*  Or should I say “GOP”?

7 Likes

I am getting regular service from USPS pretty much on time in this modest desert town. It has been better than UPS and Fedex, and amply deserves saving.

2 Likes

Mail service in my area has been in decline ever since Trump ascended the throne, so DeJoy is correct when he says USPS sabotage is not his doing, he simply accelerated what Trump and the GOP started in 2017.

Not so much hope in the common sense, it’s like inside an irregular explosion, chaos may express as a field of equalized pressure rendering objects intact in portions within larger devastation.

“Those who cannot remember the past are condemned to repeat it.” (George Santayana)

I’ve got news for Mr. Santayana: we’re doomed to repeat the past no matter what. That’s what it is to be alive.

• Kurt Vonnegut

"As I approached my fiftieth birthday, I had become more and more enraged and mystified by the idiot decisions made by my countrymen. And then I had come suddenly to pity them, for I understood how innocent and natural it was for them to behave so abominably, and with such abominable results: They were doing their best to live like people invented in story books. This was the reason Americans shot each other so often: It was a convenient literary device for ending short stories and books.

Why were so many Americans treated by their government as though their lives were as disposable as paper facial tis-sues? Because that was the way authors customarily treated bit-part players in their made-up tales.
And so on.Once I understood what was making America such a dangerous, unhappy nation of people who had nothing to do with real life, I resolved to shun storytelling. I would write about life. Every person would be exactly as important as any other. All facts would also be given equal weightiness. Nothing would be left out. Let others bring order to chaos. I would bring chaos to order, instead, which I think I have done. If all writers would do that, then perhaps citizens not in the literary trades will understand that there is no order in the world around us, that we must adapt ourselves to the requirements of chaos instead. It is hard to adapt to chaos, but it can be done. I am living proof of that: It can be done."

• Kurt Vonnegut, Breakfast of Champions
3 Likes

Americans need to get “lawyer’ed up” and start some lawsuits flying –

No one stepping up to take the case of “Hands off our Post Offices” –
or “Hands off Social Security” … ?

The HOUSE has the “power of the purse” –

STOP Trump’s weekend trips – $20 million each – for just 400 of the 700 he’s taken
it’s cost taxpayer $8 BILLION.

STOP anything that the White House wants or needs and same for Congress’s health
care benefits – luncheons – whatever.

Post Office is destruction of public property – someone should be going to jail –

and I’ve yet to hear any news story reporting that De Joy has $75 million invested in
companies that compete with our USPS –

This is sheer insanity – imagine if we were watching this happen in some other nation
what we’d be thinking.

6 Likes

Imagine what would have been done had some saboteur planted even a small explosive in any single sorting machine in the smallest Podunk town or village. Or even merely thrown and actual wrench into the mechanism of even that one machine.
Felony. Prison. Fines.
But let the “boss” have them all dismantled, disemboweled, eviscerated, and tossed in dumpsters we have this.
Even if you give DeJoy (most ironic name, NoJoy is more like it) his $75-million personal motives (what else, really?) in other package-moving companies why bother. Those delivery businesses were started, thrived and grew even though the Post Office existed (past tense). They don’t need the destruction of the Post Office and they can’t and won’t pick up the kind of address to address delivery of the Post Office.
The guillotine is too good.
Even so, I hear Madame Defarge’s cackling, coming closer, in eager anticipation.

3 Likes

Do you know that De Joy seems to be saying that he didn’t KNOW that the
machinery was going to be removed.

The lies of this administration still don’t seem to be able to weight it down, some how?

1 Like

Biden needs to come out RIGHT NOW with a message to ALL Federal employees, especially the Postal workers, that if drumpf and his mafia ring members fire anyone for trying to uphold the law or for defying any type of order to sabotage the government in any way, that their jobs will be reinstated come January 22. We need workers to be able to do what is right, like reinstalling sorting machines, without fear of permanent job loss. The Postal Union also need to come out and say that they will PRIORITIZE delivering mail in ballots over ALL other deliveries. I don’t mind getting my packages from online ordering a few weeks late if it means the ballots are all delivered in a timely manner.

2 Likes

Here in Arizona it has been hit and miss until recently when it seems to have gotten more on time. I wonder if we are seeing the delays and slow downs in Blue cities and states and not so much in Red ones. People, feel free to chime in to give your own stories of the situation with your mail delivery.

2 Likes

Mail delivery here (AL) has slowed down considerably. My rather modest pension check, which normally arrives 3 to 4 days after it’s issued, arrived a week late this month.

1 Like

Yes, the DNC really stands for: DIRTY, NASTY AND CORRUPT!

2 Likes

My bank sent me a document on August 11th located in Spokane, Wa. I live in Portland Oregon maybe 350 miles away from Spokane and have not received that document.

3 Likes

Here in Oregon my mail is hit and miss and one document is 10 days late. Hoping it will be there tomorrow so I can make some financial decisions.

1 Like