Home | About | Donate

#SayHerName Shows Black Women Face Police Violence, Too—and Pregnancy and Motherhood Are No Refuge

#SayHerName Shows Black Women Face Police Violence, Too—and Pregnancy and Motherhood Are No Refuge

Dani McClain

A new front in #BlackLivesMatter organizing is advancing today as concerned people nationwide gather to draw attention to black women and girls harmed or killed by police violence. According to organizers with Black Youth Project 100, rallies and vigils in more than 20 cities—including Baltimore, Chicago, Miami, and Los Angeles—will demand that onlookers, the media, and the public at large #SayHerName.

"... mob threats to riot..."

Good thing our police are protecting us from all those mob threats to riot! Nothing like some good preemptive policing to stop those mob threats!

... rolls eyes...

Oh and you should get out more, and get to know some trans people.

What a tool.

So you agree that racism exist and is a serious problem, and your solution is to..... stop talking about it?
You know, my mother told me when I was a kid that ignoring bullies would get them to stop. That didn't work either. It just gave them courage to amp up the abuse.