Home | About | Donate

Saying Impeachment Can't Wait, Rep. Al Green Warns 'Blood of Somebody on Our Hands' If Trump Not Stopped

Originally published at http://www.commondreams.org/news/2019/07/17/saying-impeachment-cant-wait-rep-al-green-warns-blood-somebody-our-hands-if-trump

3 Likes

It may not be convenient for Pelosi Girl, but Green is right. Impeach him for this. Then impeach him for the Mueller stuff if it ever arrives. WT hell, just get started. We need good theater before the super delegates disrupt 2020.

11 Likes

Al Green is one of the most righteous members of Congress.
He’s totally correct that impeachment should have already started.
But Peloisi, Hoyer and the other corporate Dems are in a kabuki theater collusion mode with Trump.

8 Likes

Of course Trump should be impeached, immediately, for his racist incitement to violence. Props to Al Green for that, and for explicitly pointing to the blood that will be on Congress’s hands for not stopping Trump.

Of course, Trump should have been impeached on his first day in office for violating the emoluments clause of the US Constitution. And for many other reasons since then, including war crimes.

Of course, every president in my lifetime - including Jimmy Carter - should have been impeached for violating the Constitution, overstepping their Executive authority, and especially for war crimes and making war without a constitutionally mandated Congressional declaration.

But of course, i agree, yes: Impeach Trump now, for incitement to violence and for actively promoting and allying with “white” “nationalism.” (i put quote marks around both words to reference the logically and scientifically absurd social construction over the past few centuries of whiteness, in ideological service to divide-and-rule; and to note the corollary fact that there is no such thing as a white nation.)

9 Likes

The Pelosi democrats are nailing the coffin shut for the democratic party. What does it represent if not standing up to this abomination in the white house? The patience of decent people has run out with the democratic party, centrist politicians and corrupt corporate leaders - all who have no interest in the United States and its people. This seems like and end game time. I definitely am ready for another party led by Bernie Sanders, AOC and all those like them. It may be our only hope as the democratic party descends into the depths much like the Titanic.

12 Likes

Maybe Pelosi, Hoyer and Trump can have dinner tonight and discuss their futures and how they all get pay offs while the american people float down the river of disaster.

3 Likes

" Blood of somebody on our hands" Green.

And that could very well be the blood of Omar, if Trump is not stopped soon.

4 Likes

Pelosi must go! She is Trump’s enabler:

Freedom Rider: The Trump and Pelosi Lovefest | Black Agenda Report
https://www.blackagendareport.com/freedom-rider-trump-and-pelosi-lovefest

13 Likes

I could not agree with you more STRONGLY about all these Presidents being criminals!

Here is what Noam Chomsky said: “If the Nuremberg laws were applied, then every post-war [WW II] American president would have been hanged.”

13 Likes

See this and share the link:

The People’s Party – A coalition party for the people
https://peoplesparty.org/

1 Like

Margaret Kimberley has been so right for so long, it pains me she isn’t more widely known.

1 Like

Black Agenda Report!

4 Likes

Just a thought:
President Caligula cannot afford to lose the next election. If he does, he and his kids will go to jail. If President Caligula can foment a Civil War (or at least enough blood in the streets conflict) he will suspend the constitution, declare Martial Law and ‘postpone’ the election. And Then, it’s over.

3 Likes

Dereliction of duty
Criminal Negligence to their Oath of Office.

how about Accessory After The Fact?

Definition An accessory-after-the-fact is someone who assists

1. someone who has committed a crime,
  2. after the person has committed the crime,
  3. with knowledge that the person committed the crime, and
  4. with the intent to help the person avoid arrest or punishment. An accessory after the fact may be held liable for, among other things, obstruction of justice.

just spit-ballin here but SOMEONE has to show Pelosi and Schumer what their Constitutional Duty looks like. Obviously they don’t have a clue

7 Likes

No one is immune on the Left. It could be anyone.

4 Likes

I agree with Pelosi that impeachment should wait until investigations reveal absolutely damning proof of high crimes and misdemeanors. That said, her committees couldn’t be more inept and feckless when it comes to investigating. Trump’s peeps ignore subpoenas, plead the fifth, blow smoke, and grandstand.

He will ride this out and once again outmaneuver the d-party. Which apparently isn’t hard to do.

3 Likes

Freedom of speech doesn’t include the right to shout “fire” in a crowded theater. – United States Supreme Court ruling.

We live in a world where speech, incitement, has led to the shooting of Congresswoman Gabby Giffords. We have seen a number of other politically slanted assassinations in the USA: President John F. Kennedy, Dr. Martin Luther King, Robert Kennedy, John Lennon and many lesser lights.

Saying that a particular political opponent embraces Al Qaeda is nothing other than hurtful. It’s a breaking of integrity, showing that you abhor the political opponent. It can easily be interpreted in this political climate that you want the opponent to be murdered.

5 Likes

If I understand correctly, they haven’t even started the impeachment Investigations yet. Starting impeachment procedures opens up additional investigative opportunities not otherwise available. That needs to start BEFORE someone gets killed.

3 Likes

including O’Reilly’s push to get George Tiller murdered and politically motivated massacres in Churches , mosques and synagogues

2 Likes

Oh Trump is Absolutely Damned

The fact that you need More is Unbelievable

Guess More Blood? There is Enough Already

2 Likes