Home | About | Donate

School Privatization Zealot Betsy DeVos Reportedly Urging Career Education Staff to Obstruct Biden Agenda

Originally published at http://www.commondreams.org/news/2020/12/16/school-privatization-zealot-betsy-devos-reportedly-urging-career-education-staff

2 Likes

DeVos, let me leave you with this plea, “Don’t Let the Door Hit You In The A$$ On the Way Out !”

6 Likes

Arnie Dunkin, Obama’s SecEd, wasn’t much better, just more nuanced. His idea of helping low performing schools, when he ran the Chicago system, was to close them, usually predominantly Black schools-should we be surprised? He was strongly into charter schools and high stakes testing. Teacher unions hated him; he took a technocratic approach to education. He represented the classic neo-liberal approach to education.

12 Likes

Hope she trips and does a face plant on the way out.

4 Likes

Donald and Betsy, the evil twins, need to be dropped on an isolated island to remove their damaging influences on our, hopefully returning, civilized society and just adore each other…forever.

Of course she does. The dems have helped in the dissolving of our public education system by republicons. Too many corporate dems in the party. Get rid of them.

6 Likes

Betsy Devious can now spend more time with her family, er money.

1 Like

Here is one for you and your ilk, DeVos, from Neil J. Smith (and read his new book, On The Ropes: A Tale of the 60’s as it would help broaden your mind) :

If we wish for America to be Made Great Again (and who of us doesn’t), it must be made no less pristine than it was before the arrival of Columbus; barring that, we must carry on with a vision of brother & sisterhood hither fore unknown to us. That is, we must seek out the vision of a mature humanity without distinction of race, ethnicity, religion or any “ism” that might otherwise negate the others purity. The pristine nature of what this land once was.

7 Likes

The legacy of for-profit at the expense of the public by the trump regime extremists must be opposed and forcefully fought and rolled-back to a sane and society-empowering stance, not for profit greed-driven corporate and self-interested scum - like Devos and Dejoy, two notably corrupt, criminal, lying, greedy and evil scum - IMO.Both DeVoid (of integrity) and DeJoy (not in Mudville) are the poster children of trumps scorched salted-earth policies and tenure that must be smashed in every aspect, notably removing every damn one of his appointees and their appointees and restore some semblance of justice and integrity to this republic!
It is written that Biden as Prez "does not have the power to remove Dejoy from his position at the USPS; that is astonishing if accurate and should be a top priority for the Biden admin, else trumps malignant influence will be like a fuckin zombie apocalypse attacking and sabotaging Biden (regardless his so-called centrist leanings)

Dejoy must be attacked, threatened, brought-up on charges for his numerous crimes and treason, and otherwise make his entire being and life a misery he richly deserves.

6 Likes

This is the sort of nonsense you get when an Amway distributor is put in charge. Goodbye and good riddance DeVos!

6 Likes

If she’s as drunk as she usually is, that might just happen.

Anyone in the Department under Biden who willfully obstructs should be immediately fired.

2 Likes

Stole my thunder. That was my first thought. Same goes for the rest of the trump administration.

2 Likes

May Betsy the Horrible soon be gone. She has no background in education, has told lie after lie about education, and really just wants tax payers to pay for her privileged private schools. Private schools discriminate in their enrollments, students excluded due to race, creed, religion, and any other criteria they choose, it is their right in a private school. But to take taxpayer money to use to proselytize, discriminate, and cherry pick students is against our Constitutions separation of church and state clauses. She needs to keep her religious beliefs out of the mix.

Any changes needed in Education don’t start by discriminating by any means. Also it is a complex, many faceted problem that most don’t want to dig into, only deal with facile, surface issues. We need reform but what passes for reforms is most often just discrimination or lunacy.

Always interesting that when a private school gets a challenging student, for whatever reason, they simply send them back to the public schools. Watched it in my home town as those tossed out of the local private school were students with discipline problems, learning difficulties, or Mom and Dad simply were not religious enough. So they keep the goody two shoes and send the rest back. As I mentioned as long as they are not spending tax money I have no right to complain.

Then comes the test scores. A private school, with cherry picked students, should out perform the local public school, as they often send poor students back to the public or don’t test them at all. For any comparison of test scores we need to know how the students were chosen, what percentage was tested, which students were excluded. Most often any such data is not supplied and so any comparison is bogus.

5 Likes

Arnie had no concrete, well thought out plan for educational reform. He promoted Charters mainly, a good idea for some, horrible for others. He just rearranged the deck chairs on the Titanic.

1 Like

Betsy DeVos has no credentials that would qualify her to work anywhere but in the bargain basement of the Mustang Ranch.

4 Likes

ouch.
; )

Send Betsy DeVos to work in the schools of Nigeria and dodge the kidnappers.

2 Likes

LOL - good one.

I have volunteered in class for my local public school district once a week for many years.

I wonder what she is worth in Nigeria.
I mean, if the kidnapper(s) knew who she was…
Otherwise, I’m pretty sure old (Rand-ian) classist and racist white women have a value of about zero

2 Likes

Not even with a 75% discount and a ten foot pole.

1 Like

Is she not also involved with the “corporations” (Hillsdale?) that contract for revisionist educational textbooks?

1 Like