Home | About | Donate

School Secretary Gets $1.50 per Week, Koch Brothers Get $27 Million per Week

School Secretary Gets $1.50 per Week, Koch Brothers Get $27 Million per Week

Josh Hoxie

Love is in the air. Or so the marketers want us to believe, as Valentine’s Day ads sweep the nation into a frenzy of buying flowers, greeting cards, and confections to communicate our affection.

Washington is less forthcoming with the adoration, especially for working people.

You’re probably tired of hearing about the tax plan passed by Congress late last year. If not, just wait for the media barrage coming your way from the Republican donor class, which is guaranteed to make the Super Bowl Tide ads look like child’s play.

re “Maybe this Valentine’s Day, Cupid’s arrow will strike our greedy Koch brothers…”

I’d prefer the Mockingjay’s arrow.

I think Paul Ryan has a different view of Jesus than I do.

How ungrateful can a school secretary be?
I suggest that said secretary immediately send proportionately equal amount of money to Paul Ryan out of sheer gratitude ( ie 0.5/27,000,000 x $1.5) or ~3 cents.

“Maybe this Valentine’s Day, Cupid’s arrow will strike our greedy Koch brothers as they sit in their private jets looking down on the working families for whom they hold such deep disdain.”

Or a surface-to-air missile.

Uhhh…, tax reform? Education reform? War on drugs? War on poverty? Help America vote? Perpetual wars against terrorism? The Patriot Act?
Seriously? Duhhh… If you don’t know by now… you’ll never ever know.

It is ever so easy for the ruling class to take advantage of perceived and actual problems—by introducing solutions that do not truly benefit the public-at-large. Instead, the proffered solutions substantially advance any number of agendas of the “power elite” themselves. It is a classic example of the Hegelian Dialectic: problem->reaction->solution (thesis->anti-thesis->synthesis). It is a great way to persuade the citizenry to accept something that actually is not in their best interest.

For the commonweal, perhaps it is necessary to understand this divide-and-conquer strategy. The power-elite uses it to keep the status quo in their favor. Many people are fixated on labels such as liberal, conservative, democratic, republican, etc. Meanwhile, the very wealthy are truly united. Consequently, the gap between the rich and the poor is increasing; the middle class is disappearing. Welcome to the modern version of a third-world nation.

At the highest levels of decision-making, the Democrats versus Republicans dichotomy becomes blurred, and substantially disappear. Things are not always what they seem, as their ostensible motives conceal their true ones. Practically speaking, it is analogous to playing “good -cop/bad-cop” in a police interrogation room. For, in the final analysis, they all serve the same master: the international ruling class (“power-elite”). Such real power and control is manifested through the financial institutions; it is largely enforced via the media, national security, intelligence, and military apparatuses. “Divide-and-conquer” strategy takes care of the rest. This inertia is built into the system. So, is it such a surprise that—at the lower levels—the citizenry question little, and effectively “police” themselves?

The cold reality is that the “deck” is stacked against the ordinary person. Far too often, even if a particular group or cause wins a victory against the ruling class, it is actually a hollow or Pyrrhic victory. You can rest assured that—at some point in the future—the global ruling class will take back the value of what they gave away, with interest. Don’t you realize that they can manipulate world affairs to such an extent that you are more than happy to allow the government to take away your rights? Out of fear, you’ll all too willingly give up your rights—even those guaranteed by the Constitution and the Bill of Rights. What a scam!

Those in power will always seek a way to control and dominate—if not one way, then another. Who can say for sure how they will do it tomorrow?

Case in point: The House of Rothschild has been playing these types of manipulative games since the Napoleonic Era. In the long run, they always seem to win.

“Qu’ils mangent de la brioche” or “Let them eat cake.” is a quote which folklore commonly attributes to Marie Antoinette, a past Queen of France.

And, as the Borg (cyborgs) mantra (of Star Trek fame) goes, “Resistance is futile.” After all, the powers-that-be truly believe that this is their world—and we are just in it.

If the common man is able to survive on crumbs and scraps long enough, then there will always be a glimmer of hope—in the midst of ominous despair!

I am not sure what the author’s economic status is. Growing up, I went to school with the wealthiest in my city. If you have heard Chris Hedges, he speaks of a similar experience.

More people need to understand, the rich are not looking to cross the threshold to empathy. They consider that emotion well under their, belt, just past their anuses, like dingle berries. It is passe, and worth extracting from their rectums to flush down.

Wishing for them to pick it back up is like wishing for someone to reattach their own excrement back to their body.

Articles that pray for such an expectation are doing the rest of us a great disservice.

Let us take concrete action and change the systems, monetary and societal.

one step at a time.

To “communicate our affection” for the Koch Brothers, We the People, or at least a couple million of us or so, could send a little box of excrement, Doggie or personal, to the boys to go along with their $27 Million/a week.

Is there any law against sending something personal to those who deserve so much?

Message to Paul Ryan: Kindly stick both of your thumbs up your arse, then insert in your mouth to prevent stupid utterances as this one was.

Yes. As much as I like you’re idea, don’t do it, you’ll have the Postmaster General on you’re ass.

I actually couldn’t believe that he admitted that. Esp. after the campaign to tell us that the middle class would get so much money they could buy new cars and such. But it goes to show who really benefits from the tax cuts. And his followers will never admit that it is all going to the rich. They will continue to applaud his tax cuts as their wealth is drained to the coffers of the rich.