Home | About | Donate

Scientists Warn That Canadian Glacial Melting Is “Outside the Scope of Normal”

Scientists Warn That Canadian Glacial Melting Is “Outside the Scope of Normal”

Andy Rowell

Canadian scientists are becoming progressively alarmed at the increasing rate of melting of the country’s glaciers, warning that climate change is having a severe impact on the region.

Anyone concerned about climate change and sea level rise often thinks about melting glaciers in Antarctica and Greenland. But after these two, Canada has the largest amount of glacial ice: some 200,000 square kilometres.

Hey but when them rivers run dry because there no more Glaciers to replenish them we will have lots of Oil from the tarsands to fuel the trucks to ship water to all the Cities needing it.

2 Likes

All that ice, and frozen for so very long-----a person has to wonder what kind of frozen virus things will soon be resurfacing-----or joining the water systems. I think I read somewhere that things like Ebola came about when people started chopping and digging and abusing Mother Nature.
I am kind of worried abut all the methane buried within all that ice too. I don’t suppose that we have to wonder abut the ending of T.S. Eliot’s poem: Earth life will definitely ," end with a whimper." . : 0

2 Likes

Yikes! What can we do when the US is continuing to pollute like there is no tomorrow and making that much more likely?