Home | About | Donate

Scuzzy Crook Frees Scuzzy Crook

Originally published at http://www.commondreams.org/further/2020/07/10/scuzzy-crook-frees-scuzzy-crook

1 Like

A little taste of the “cat o’ 9 tails” would be awesome for ALL of the monsters of this mis-administration, like the Brits did to the convicts in Australia, 200 lashes for males, 50 for females. Who cares if they survive or not!

2 Likes

There is no rule of law in the USA. It has been hijacked by a bunch of what can best be described as organized crime thugs. From all the corporate oligarchs who bought and control the whole government, to their paid political operatives who enact legislation legalizing their ability to steal everything from the citizens. Trump is the equivalent of a Mafia Don, albeit a very moronic one, who nonetheless rules with fear. The USA is dead and gone, not that it was all that great to begin with as it was founded on genocide and slavery. Where the USA is now at is the inevitable outcome of those founding values. Trump and his outright criminality and goons surrounding him is the natural progression of a nation founded on violence and immorality. What passes for law and order in the USA is nothing but a system designed to terrorize the citizens into compliance with the criminals running things now. The future is going to be even worse with a collapsing ecosystem and an economy that brought us to this point. And neither of the two corporate parties are going to do a damn thing to stop the dystopian future unfolding before us. Both parties have their pedal to the metal driving us all off the metaphorical cliff.

8 Likes

Your suggestion made me purr.

3 Likes

His Nixon pose is more than I can take, oh how badly I want to hit his nose so hard and spread it from one side of his face to the other. Another repug rat fu*ker walks free.
“Must remain calm, must remain calm”, he says to himself.

1 Like

as the Republican party has been an organized criminal organization since the time of the first of the modern Republican traitors-Nixon–and the Democrats have been a feckless, spineless, and generally useless bunch of ciphers since that same era–we have NO party representing the people–only the tools of the corporations doing the bidding of their masters and the bribes they receive for their perfidy

2 Likes

“hiding the lamentable fact that Russia owns us now” - how does one get past this absolute nonsense. No doubt Roger Stone is a slimebag who deserves to be in jail for many things - except they didn’t go after him for any of those actual illegal things, they went after him to keep the totally bogus russigate narrative going for geopolitical reasons. And Liberals like this author completely miss that, and continue to cheer on a dangerous and misguided new cold war that will continue to impoverish the US and the world. Why even publish rubbish like this.

5 Likes

Vote for whom? The Green Party, which has no chance, but at least you will not feel like you are wasting your vote and being a sucker!

1 Like

I love your post and I love Eugene Debs. I wish more people would…

1 Like

…" the lamentable fact that Russia owns us now"

Was this written by Rachel Maddow; haven’t you grown out of the Russiagate nonsense- a Hillary ploy to hide her own corruption and incomitance-which has been thoroughly disproven.

Sanctioning numerous Russian officials, try to spike the Russian/Eu gas pipeline and backing out of three arms limitation treaties; that’s real catering to Putin-doesn’t even pass the smell test.

4 Likes

“hiding the lamentable fact that Russia owns us now” are we to take that as an indication that CD has bought into the Russiagate hoax hook line and sinker?

5 Likes

I’m not sure why commutation is, as the author states, “even better than pardon!”

A pardon totally expunges the offense(s), while a commutation leaves the felony conviction intact. Sure, it can be appealed, but a pardon would have eliminated the necessity for doing so.

Help here???

1 Like

I believe a pardon means he can’t take the fifth on the issue as he has immunity; therefor he would be a potential witness against others.

1 Like

Let me add that Abby’s writing style is incredibly judgemental, hyperbolic and unprofessional. These are all red flags that, outside of other reference or data, I use to recognize a piece which may lack veritas. It reflects poorly on Common Dreams.

2 Likes

Do you mean “incompetence”?
Peace.
ths,

With the terms of service (~https://www.commondreams.org/commons-community-guidelines) in mind where we are not supposed to be “making personal attacks on our contributing writers”, I will say I wish Abby would consider the possibility that remarks that I consider hyperbolic such as:

hiding the lamentable fact that Russia owns us now

reduces her ability to persuade many of us here. The idea that Russia is this amazingly capable player in our elections is exactly what so much of the left is trying to counter - their effect in 2016 from all reasonable analysis I’ve heard was quite minimal.

4 Likes

“Vote for who?” Indeed. Not unlike choosing between cholera and syphilis. I vote for penicillin. In the present context that’s either a write-in vote for Bernie or a vote for the Greens.

1 Like

I haven’t seen any Russian tanks rolling down the main drag here (Miami). MSM hasn’t begun speaking Russian. No Russian flags around I can see. Has our money changed to rubles? Have such goods as we produce been seized and on their way to Russia? Have any of the 800 - 1,000 foreign military bases “we” have around the world been closed down and forced home at the command of Putin? Has the national anthem been abolished in favor of the Russian NA?

Hey CD, what the f**k are you talking about??

3 Likes

Well said, contributing writers should be subject to critique. This Russiagate trope is so incredibly common and dangerous-it covers up real sins and stinks of McCarthisim- that it must be opposed. As for her writing style, it is most unfortunate, to be more polite. That’s a British euphemism.

3 Likes