Home | About | Donate

See How Well the Tax Scam Is Creating Jobs? Walmart Announces Plans for 360 Robot Janitors

See How Well the Tax Scam Is Creating Jobs? Walmart Announces Plans for 360 Robot Janitors

Andrea Germanos, staff writer

Walmart announced Monday it will have 360 floor-cleaning robots in its stores by the end of January.

In a joint statement with developer Brain Corp, the retail giant said a Walmart worker would first ride the Zamboni-like machine to teach it the route; after that a push of the button would allow machine to take off on the route by itself.

So… those of you in the ivory tower created this- no longer valuing people who do labor. Wait until you eat pills from an automat for food.

1 Like

Hey, Waltons—there are plenty of people in Bangladesh and Viet Nam who will ride in your Gulfstreams, sip your champagne and undercut your competitors for a tenth of what you earn.

1 Like

I wonder if the robots will be programed to say, “Excuse me ma’am, your slip is showing ha ha.”

2 Likes

Machines are a great representation of the Walton family’s Inhumanity.

2 Likes

Excellent insight PB! Imagine how easy it would be for one of these machines to roll right over a human being – not unlike what the walfart family is doing to their employees. I wonder if someone who knew their way around computers could program these robots to ‘guillotine’ the 1% …

4 Likes

Corps luv those beautiful robots. Lets them pocket all those pesky wages, matching FICA taxes, etc. Libertarians also luv 'em, as they pay no income, FICA, & other taxes, starving Social Security & Medicare, etc. so the big capital guys can scream “Privatize them! I can show you how to do that!”. All the better to shrink the government, dearie, so they can drown it in the bathtub.

1 Like

"Off with their heads!"

2 Likes

Ok , once these robots at wal mart and elsewhere start replacing the workers, who exactly are they going to sell stuff to?

5 Likes

Never been in a walmart store never will.

2 Likes

You beat me to it. A few months ago a walked into a McDonald’s to use the bathroom and it just so happened it was the day they launched their ordering “kiosks”, an attempt to eliminate their cashiers. While watching old people stare vacantly at them and eventually need to be severed the old fashioned way, I asked the manager that simple question. “If everybody gets replaced by machines, who’s going to buy your hamburgers”? His answer was that it will create jobs elsewhere. I asked where. He didn’t have an answer.
McDonald’s will eventually become an auto-mat, with one human there to make sure the machines don’t break down. It seems that the science fiction of my youth has become a documentary.

2 Likes

But…but…what will this do to the People of Walmart website? If there is nobody but mechanical janitors in the Walmart, who is going to take pictures of grossly obese white trash wearing way too small novelty t-shirts and yoga pants as they troll the aisles looking for Chinese made cat litter and a jumbo bag of Doritos?

4 Likes

The jokes on you chief. Robots design and repair themselves these days. One day soon (as long as the world economy doesn’t collapse) you will see the first completely automated factories. Once the mining of natural resources is automated there will no longer be a need for any humans in the supply chain.
Oh, and AI will eventually be deciding just how to service we humans. Let’s hope they don’t make the obvious choice, that the most efficient way to deal with us is our elimination.

1 Like

They have been all over that for years & years. Where do you think your underwear, shirts, pants, towels, blankets etc etc have been made for like forever? Make it EASY to form a union, then companies like Wal Mart will HAVE to pay & give benefits to their employees. Could you imagine a nationwide strike at ALL Wal Marts? They would settle in a NY heartbeat.

1 Like

Looks like WMT is stepping into the 21 century.

Been having Roomba robots vacuum my place for years. Have them programmed to do their stuff while everyone is at work. The iRobot Braavas (mopping robots) do their wok at night when everyone is asleep, as they are very quiet. The only thing I have to do is clean the bins on them and move the sofas from time to time so they clean under them too.

We can all be put to good use still for the 1% as “soylent green”.

2 Likes

There are No jobs for Seniors period! Both parties threw us away when we are fully capable of working!

2 Likes

That old movie applies now more than ever! Never thought I would be in that movie.

1 Like

We can comment all we want to- but these are people’s jobs we are talking about. See, if you are just making fun- you are in the ivory tower as well.

It isn’t a party that throws you away- it’s people in the community. If “we” are living until 90 or 100 are we supposed to sit on our rear ends for over thirty years? NOT!