Home | About | Donate

Seeking 'To Create a Police State,' AG Sessions Threatens Sanctuary Cities

Seeking 'To Create a Police State,' AG Sessions Threatens Sanctuary Cities

Andrea Germanos, staff writer

Attorney General Jeff Sessions on Monday took aim at sanctuary cities, saying such communities must end and that his Department of Justice would deprive them of federal grants—a move that prompted the New York attorney general to vow his continued resolution in resisting the Trump administration's "draconian policies."

Let them withhold their fucking money! Be willing to sacrifice money in order to do what is right. If the only leverage they have is money, then you can always refuse to give it to them in the first place.

It continues to amaze me that Trump can exercise such immense autocratic power that no other president at least during my lifetime was ever able to wield. Trump keeps presenting these presidential orders as if they were now law by what amounts to a 'royal decree' or edict simply on his own say so. A presidential order indeed! Since when is so much of our country's government and administration under the seemingly absolute control of one person?

Since when does the Oval Office become the Oval Throne like it has under Trump? Where is it written that any president can have these unchecked powers? What is covered under the law that we can read and learn about? Where is it written that a president can have these autocratic powers? Where does it say that a president can do such things on his own?

He has only given the orders. Nobody has followed them yet. This reminds me of the laws prohibiting feeding the hungry in our public parks. The Republicans are always twlling us what we should do. Pfffffht!

Beauregard is a mean LITTLE man with a mean mini-mind who leaves miasma after him wherever he goes. He reminds me of the humpbacked court jester from the Charles Laughton portrayal of Henry VIII in the 1933 movie classic "The Private Life of Henry VIII"...not far from today's reality. Only difference is that the monarch and jester in today's horror film (playing in the US) bathe regularly.... Evil, debauchery, gluttony, treachery, cruelty, etc. are pretty much the same as portrayed in the film.

How is it that baby grandpa committed perjury at his confirmation hearing, and yet remains in office?

Right you are - and also, how is it that we have a "president" who has zero experience in government, at any level, at all?

I find that Jeff Sessions presents a personal challenge for me. The slamming of the history of sanctuary cities with the blatantly '"Such policies cannot continue. They make our nation less safe by putting dangerous criminals back on the streets," is scurrilous slander of people of conscience responding to a system that is severely broken spoken by a politicianappointed to the office of Attorney General and am reminded of the quote by Paul Valery: "Politics is the art of preventing people from taking part in affairs which properly concern them."

“One cannot expect positive results from an educational or political action program which fails to respect the particular view of the world held by the people. Such a program constitutes cultural invasion, good intentions notwithstanding.” Paolo Freire

“To affirm that men and women are persons and as persons should be free, and yet to do nothing tangible to make this affirmation a reality, is a farce.” Paolo Freire

some lyrics some art never forget

Two words: unelectable Hillary.

Unelectable? Hardly. 66 million votes overturned by the barest electoral edge.

They should look in the mirror.

Oh, move on already.

If a city is broke, it would be hard to turn down money. Some mayors have thought about this.

Hillary, shmillary. It's about trying to stop the dismantling of our institutions, that's all.

So says the henchman for the dangerous criminals in the WH.

Trump just ignores the Constitution and tries to go as far as he can. Two California counties have gone to court to block these funding cuts nationwide. Trump's white nationalist agenda is based on stirring up fear of Muslims and Hispanic undocumented immigrants at least among his supporters who actually are foolish enough to believe what he says. Scheiderman seems to have the law on his side. He has put out model ordinances for NYS cities to adopt in order to become sanctuary cities. I think the resistance against Trump is growing and it is certainly getting more organized.

Everyone said Trump was unelectable and he won. I think we can throw out the word unelectable. If a pathological liar spewing hate against racial and ethnic groups and women and who praises dictators and stirs up violence at rallies and wonders out loud why nuclear weapons aren't being used can win then is anyone unelectable?

The feds have already forgotten what the State of California said through its Governor.

Any such funds diverted from California cities will somehow be deducted from California's financial contribution to the federal treasury.

California has smart lawyers and legislators. It is the sixth largest economy and the richest state on Earth. California has it's own international relations with Mexico.

A political force put in office by 19% of voting age population is pushing California out of the Union.

Over the weekend a bar shooting occurred in Indianapolis. Pretty typical stuff, unfortunately. But, it was front page and a lead on the TEEVEE, nationally. WTF? Additionally, it was called an " act of terrorism " by a high-ranking police official, because the drunks and lounge lizards were " terrorized " by the thought of being shot. Well, duh!
Some of them might be terrified by the thought of missing last call, too. Or, not getting laid, as well.
This is coordinated bullshit fear-selling and panic button pushing, of the worst sort. And, it'll be normalized just like Daffy Donald's twitterpated daily load of bullshit.
We're being put on the 24/7 " oh, be very scared list. " The MSM has lost their mind as much as Daffy has. WTF? Who's really pushing this garbage?