Home | About | Donate

Seen as Face of Global Far-Right Extremism, Trump State Visit to UK Spurs Call for Mass Protest

Seen as Face of Global Far-Right Extremism, Trump State Visit to UK Spurs Call for Mass Protest

Jake Johnson, staff writer

In response to news that U.S. President Donald Trump will be welcomed for a formal state visit to the United Kingdom in June, British progressives on Tuesday vowed to take to thes streets to give the man they consider a leader of the global far-right the unwelcome greeting he has earned.

The trip will mark Trump's first state trip to the U.K.

1 Like

If Trump did not have diplomatic immunity, admitting him to the UK probably not happen when you consider that he has a history of inciting so much terrorism.

1 Like

Don’t forget, Trump loves WikiLeaks.

He’s going over to the UK to put in a good word for Julian Assange, insuring his release.

I’m a Dreamer, aren’t I?

Good snark, thanks.

Go team. Britain has a great history of anti-fascist resistance. Huge numbers will turn out.

3 Likes

Owen Jones lays out what Trump can expect and that the focus will be wider than just Trump.

2 Likes

If Trump goes to the UK, they can keep him. Lock him up in the Tower of London.

6 Likes

Do they have guillotines in the UK?

Maybe air force one will inhale a few birds on takeoff.

1 Like

Trump seems to be a natural consequence of overpopulation and extreme resource concentration.

Competition gone wild.

No they used to hang, draw and quarter villains.

1 Like

Quite horrible:

1 Like

Miracles can happen:

Honestly, what is wrong with May? Besides being a complete bone head, she also doesn’t gauge public opinion very well. I can’t imagine the reasoning behind such an invitation and I don’t believe the long suffering queen should have to put up with this American presidential imposter!

1 Like

How can I help from Australia.
Do you have Get-Up or something which can be signed?
i know it’s not ideal, but a protest on behalf of my spiritual home is something I would be willing to do.
Em.

1 Like

I dont know what get-up is. You could organise a protest for the same day. Put up flyers to advertise. You’ve got me thinking to do something here in spain. There are over half a million of us here (brits) and i believe the majority are anti dump.

1 Like

Un, thx for running this, something I’d never have seen otherwise. Owen Jones got everything right, IMO, and Ms Goody Goody Two Shoes even contradicted herself. It turns my stomach that the Narcissist in Chief will get such an “honor” as this trip purports to offer. NONE of the people greeting him could possibly have a shred of respect or liking for him, so the hypocrisy is also stomach churning. That’s right, Ms Goody Goody and others…keep enabling this POS.

So would Hitler be welcomed as a Head of State today? I’m not saying Dump quite equals Hitler…yet…but I am addressing appeasement, enabling, and hypocrisy. Yech.

I hope millions turn out and he sees it.

2 Likes

Not horrible enough for Dump and his fellow swamp dwellers, most of whom are sociopaths and/or neo-Nazis.

1 Like

I’ll bet dollars to donuts that Dump has no clue what D-Day means. I hope the miracle does happen.
My gawd…