Home | About | Donate

Sen. Durbin Tells 'Architect of This Humanitarian Disaster' Kirstjen Nielsen: Resign

Sen. Durbin Tells 'Architect of This Humanitarian Disaster' Kirstjen Nielsen: Resign

Jon Queally, staff writer

Sen. Dick Durbin (D-Il.) on Tuesday called on Department of Homeland Security Secretary Kirstjen Nielsen to "step down" for her direct role in Trump administration's cruel and ongoing policy of separating immigration families and detaining children away from their parents and loved ones.

This crisis did not just develop over the last year and half. How about the democrat half measures to combat global climate change that have made refugees out of millions of people.

How about the US involvement in other nations elections and assist in other nations to oust an elected President and install a dictator who will bend to the will of US? How many countries in South America and around the world?

So much more that the global capitalists have created and allowed by politicians over the world as they benefit from these capitalists.

What exactly ARE “bedrock Values” of that Nation called the United States of America?

This one story on many detailing families separated PERMANENTLY by US air-strikes. How did Mr Durbin vote on the War against Iraq, the war on Afghanistan, those Military Missions in Africa, the destruction of Libya and that ongoing bombing of Yemen?

There are literally millions of families that have been forcibly separated over the past decades by the US War machine. I will wait on Mr Durbin to express his outrage.

I keep forgetting that Dick Durbin is a recently elected politician that was never in a position of power to change how our Government has been doing this sort of thing for decades.

Nielsen will never accept responsibility for this human rights abuse. Frankly let’s be real, no on will ever be held accountable for this. Republicans never get punished for the crimes they commit against democracy or humanity.

If 90 children’s parents “can’t be located at all” either no one is really trying, they have no creative thinking ability, are stupid or just criminally incompetent…obviously the process of separation was committed without any sense of decency or data gathering. In any administration eith even a modicum of decency such information should have been done - even within the larger crime of separation in the first goddamn place! - in any administration with any sense of justice or honor (snicker) heads would roll…not in the trump regime from Hell!

We overthrew Iran in 1953, Operation Ajax to re-privatize their oil after Mohammad Mossadegh nationalized it after WW II. Iran provide oil and gas to America and all our allies during both World War I and II through British Anglo-Iranian Oil, today’s BP. Iraq in 2003 was exactly the same for the same reason and AGAIN American murdered a former ally in cold blood. Since Teddy lied about the boiler blowing up the Maine to enter the Spanish American War and since we washed up at Plymouth Rock we kill. It is ALL we do is KILL and it is all censored because we are an insane, secret pointy end of the spear for the Western Hemisphere and we are the Romans and we are really not a very bright nation. Dick Shelby runs Armed Services and he’s 83. We are murdering Syrians. We are murdering Yemeni and have funded and armed assassins in South and Central America forever. We really are evil and it is all secret and they are tightening an authoritarian noose around our necks very very slowly. Had enough yet?

I hope the evil witch will take the hint, the sooner the better!

Wow, I’m not used to brain dead Americans being willing to tell the truth! Good for you.

Nor do democrats ever get punished for the crimes they commit against democracy or humanity.

“recently elected” …Really!

U.S. House of Representatives
from Illinois’s 20th district
In office
January 3, 1983 – January 3, 1997

United States Senator
from Illinois
Incumbent
Assumed office
January 3, 1997

Senate Majority Whip
In office
January 3, 2007 – January 3, 2015

Senate Minority Whip
Incumbent
Assumed office
January 3, 2015

They get punished for the one’s they don’t commit…Franken comes to mind…no indictment, no prosecution…

Perhaps sarcasm was the intent of the comment.

Yes–even the Nazis kept scrupulous records . . . .

Perhaps…, ya know I don’t catch it all anymore…ya have to wave a flag sometimes…

…and to seedeevee…if this WAS sarcasm, …my bad…and I purty much get it…musta been late…

True…but this crisis is right here right under our noses right now…which should be smelling a Nazi stench. Please, folks, focus on this one thing long enough to call your congresscreeps and urge them to do what Durbin bid, at the least.

Agreed, 100%, but in the meantime, can’t we all put pressure on our congresscreeps to take action to ameliorate this crisis at this moment?

You beat me to it! That’s exactly what I was going to say.

"Nielsen claimed, ‘We do not have a policy of separating families at the border. Period.’ But it was on her watch and under her leadership that nearly 2,700 children were separated from their parents, and more than 700 children still have not been reunited with their families – including more than 400 whose parents were apparently deported and more than 90 whose parents can’t be located at all."

Calling the detention of children and the breaking up of families as a violation of nation’s “bedrock values,” Durbin announced his belief that someone in the administration—if not the president—would have to be held responsible for the situation.

Two comments:

I’d like to thank Sen. Dick Durbin as he has often tried to move the Dem Party to do the right thing.
And very much admire his calling on Homeland Security Secretary Nielsen to RESIGN for the
“cruel and ongoing policy of separating immigration families.”

Also, I happened to see an interview with Susan Molinari (born March 27, 1958) is an American politician, journalist, and lobbyist from New York. She was a member of the U.S. House of Representatives for three terms. She is vice president for public policy at Google.

She appeared on C-span earlier today Molianri is a Repug and I’m not a fan, but she
seems now to be working in a capacity of protecting children on line and she introduced
the subject of Child-trafficking in the interview –

and don’t think that everyone here is very interested in this subject, but I feel that
human trafficking is much more serious that our government is telling us – and am
especially concerned because former NYPD Detective Rothstein in an interview
commented on our military being involved in child trafficking.

The basis of her comments were that child trafficking hasn’t reached the awareness
level it should have in America and that we need to open discussion on the subject.