Home | About | Donate

Sen. Elizabeth Warren: "I'm Not Darth Vader, I'm Princess Leia"

Hmmm, not to be picky but you did effectively neuter yourself when it came to Bernie Sanders and Hillary Clinton. Hillary has cashed in big time with Wall Street and I don't hear condemnation of her corrupt behavior. What is good for the goose is good for the gander.

"And I won’t stop fighting to level the playing field for working families."

How about starting the fight to level the playing field by rejecting Clinton?

Talk about an example of a playing field that is not level:
the DNC machine/Clinton corporate shill vs. Bernie Sanders.

E.W. cares more about her career than anything else. What kind of career will anyone have as more life support systems on earth collapse?

This article is sickening. It should be titled: Elizabeth Warren posing as Princess Leia joins forces with Queen of Chaos.

That Warren hasn't endorsed Sanders is a huge disappointment. Her endorsement could have made a difference in the close Massachusetts primary.

I hope the reason for her position (or non-position) is not as you suggest. I'd love to hear a clear and believable explanation about it.

"Let me be clear: No amount of offensive remarks will stop me from standing up to House Republicans who are bought and paid for by the big banks,"

This statement exposes Elizabeth Warren as being primarily a party loyalist. Why should it matter one whit if those "bought and paid for by the big banks" are Republicans or Democrats?

Go Liz! While I agree in spirit with those who wish you would have thrown your support behind Bernie, I RESPECT (thanks Aretha) you for exercising your right to the freedom from speech for reasons and principles that YOU maintain.

I say to Liz/Leia on her failure to step-up to endorse Bernie for Prez - Leia's words back to her......

"Help us Obi Wan Kenobi, you're our only hope"

Not our only hope, but you Liz could have helped turn the tide against the dark side.........this time for real.....

Speaking back to back with none other than Bill Clinton:

"Warren received a primetime speaking slot at the 2012 Democratic National Convention, immediately before Bill Clinton, on the evening of September 5, 2012. Warren positioned herself as a champion of a beleaguered middle class that "has been chipped, squeezed, and hammered." According to Warren, "People feel like the system is rigged against them. And here's the painful part: They're right. The system is rigged." Warren said that Wall Street CEOs "wrecked our economy and destroyed millions of jobs" and that they "still strut around congress, no shame, demanding favors, and acting like we should thank them."

She is taking saying one thing and doing another (and her silence regarding Clinton's ties to Wall Street is an action) to a whole new level. This is serious crazy making behavior.

Admire you tremendously, Sen. Warren, but I would admire you even more if you would call out the Democrats who are just as "in the bag" as the Republicans. This is not a party issue, as you know.

Then you can campaign hard for Bernie, the only candidate that has your espoused interests at heart.

Yes, Princess Leia is right. I love her authenticity and moral center. Bernie would be a shoe-in with Warren as a vice president. Yes, I know, but we can dream. They would be a serious force for sure.

Warren sez: "Let me be clear: No amount of offensive remarks will stop me from
standing up to House Republicans who are bought and paid for by the big
banks."

Sooo ... does Jar Jar Wasserman not also merit your attention?

Thank you for defending Ms. Warren.

The Monday Morning C.D. quarterbacks a/k/a message squad have never been inside the Washington Political machine, and they have little skin "in the game."

The Clintons have amassed tremendous backing from their decades of often insidious double-dealing. In short, they are in a position to RUIN careers.

Just as I defend Amy Goodman and other messengers who have not taken on the quintessential False Flag event but continue to bring awareness to many other significant issues, although I'd rather see Ms. Warren lend support to Mr. Sanders, I don't pretend that I can understand what she's up against.

The woman has spent her career trying to make some important reforms. A naked Clinton rejection could hurt her.

So while people here can so adroitly condemn her, they have NOTHING at stake. She does.

And also, the Fat Lady has yet to sing. As more poll numbers and more primary numbers come in, let's see what she does. At one point, I think it would be a wise tactical move for Mr. Sanders to PUBLICLY extend her the invitation to serve as his V.P. That would put her on the spot... and maybe tip the scales.

Yep, that's how I feel...*"there are 8 million stories in the Naked City", and hers is her own--we know she stands up for the same people who identify as Bernie supporters, and for change and democracy, out loud. Her role may be a different one than what some want her to play, and it's up to her to define it. Go Elizabeth, and Go Bernie!!!

*From an old tv series

Mine, above, is a response to wise owl's comment...I have noticed that there is some disturbing, kind of sexist wording and characterization of female leaders who aren't what some want them to be. For example, I don't respect Clinton as a leader, abhor her politics and lots of her decisions, but I also abhor and am disappointed in descriptions of her that perpetuate sexism.

Those of us that like both Bernie and Senator Warren, can remain patient a bit longer until it becomes more clear how the ticket works out. For me, if Senator Warren makes any more of a move toward Hillary support, I will happily abandon her and the party as a lost cause... Other scenarios are worth thinking about.

I love that thought Dede... In a better world.

That's strange, I read Riz's and Siouxrose's contributions as highly intelligent comment that takes into account all the complexity of real life.

Wrong wrong wrong. As I've said elsewhere and will continue to insist, the point to be made is NOT that EW hasn't endorsed Bernie, it's that she hasn't endorsed Hillary! And all you guys should stop putting pressure on her to do otherwise.

Blaming Mass on EW is just like blaming Florida 2000 on Ralph Nader. Both were stolen, Florida by Jeb Bush's minions Karl Rove etc., and the vote for Bernie in Mass was tampered with by Bubba.

Thank you. At last someone with common sense and perspective.

I agree with your post. Instead of a superficial knee-jerk reaction it shows more understanding and depth. It is surprising to me that so many people on the "left" would be so quick to criticize Elizabeth Warren. She is one of the few real and consistently progressive members of the generally hypocritical and decadent Democratic Party which, for the most part, would sell out it's own mother at the drop of a hat.

Just as Bubba Clinton did with NAFTA and GATT and Obama has done with the TPP and most recently with his SC nominee. There are so many more examples. Modern day Democrat politicians, generally speaking, are some of the most gutless phonies ever in politics. Look at Lieberman and Schumer . The reprehensible Democrat women from California Finestein and Pelosi and of course let's not forget Debbie Wasserman Shultz who is in bed with the banksters. Trollops of greed and power, everyone.