Home | About | Donate

Sen. Elizabeth Warren on Pro-Torture Super Hawk Mike Pompeo Becoming Secretary of State: No Way

Sen. Elizabeth Warren on Pro-Torture Super Hawk Mike Pompeo Becoming Secretary of State: No Way

Andrea Germanos, staff writer

Sen. Elizabeth Warren (D-Mass.) on Thursday made clear that her vote to confirm President Donald Trump's nominee to be secretary of state will be a firm "no."

"The State Department needs a leader who will prioritize diplomacy," she tweeted. "The current nominee, Mike Pompeo, has defended the use of torture, tried to undermine the Iran nuclear deal, and scapegoated Muslim Americans after the Boston Marathon bombing. I won't vote to confirm him."

When pipeline protesters were being maimed, attacked by dogs, sacred burial ground bulldozed, our magnificent Ms. Warren’s response to me was- “We’re going to see how it plays out. We support peoples rights, but we need to think about the jobs.” So, ummm… how shall I put this in terms she can understand- Fuck you sideways off a cliff Sen. Warren.
Sincerely yours,
Everyone.

E. Warren, Champion of (some of) the People.

Chuckles Schumer, Champion of Chuckles Schumer.

Are we ready for a third party yet???

I was thinking we ship Chuckles to the Palestine side of the fence.

T-H,
Are you making things up? I can’t find your Sen Warren quote, and I doubt she made the quote. Maybe you heard it on FAUX news.

Robert_Maginnis wrote (to Tim_Hackett):

‘…Are you making things up? I can’t find your Sen Warren quote, and I doubt she made the quote. Maybe you heard it on FAUX news.’

Please understand that Tim_Hackett wrote "…Ms. Warren’s response to me was…’. So the remark may have been made by private correspondence, or vis-à-vis.

What the hell does a Trump nominee have to stand for to get Schumer to urge a no vote?

No Biden, no Schumer.

Saying one thing while supporting another usually opposing view has many pejoratives. This if true, has worn out its welcome. Americans are screwed unless a younger less gullible group comes of age. Then sprouting from this group needs to be some real progressives to save things. I think it’s too late already. Most of the liberal democrats are at best centrist and cannot save the class wars now raging everywhere in the country. Seems teachers are next to be beheaded.

I agree with Elizabeth. Torture should not be used by the United States if we want to set the standard for ethics in international relations. If we torture them, then our military, CIA, FBI, etc… will be exposed to the danger of being tortured by foreign enemies. We need to set an ethical standard and live by it.

I am very impressed with Elizabeth and hope she runs for president. She is very outspoken on the side of ethics.