Home | About | Donate

Sen. Graham's Abortion Bill: Threat to Women's Lives, Assault on Their Dignity

Sen. Graham's Abortion Bill: Threat to Women's Lives, Assault on Their Dignity

Nadia Prupis, staff writer

Senator Lindsey Graham (R-S.C.) on Thursday led a group of anti-choice lawmakers in introducing a bill to the U.S. Senate that would ban nearly all abortions in the country after 20 weeks, seeking to bring to the Senate the same legislation that passed the House of Representatives last month.

Graham is a THREAT to all women's lives and those of their families. He, like all the declared GOP candidates, follow the GOP mantra of doing all they can to abolish a woman's right to choose. What does Graham know about how a woman feels when she is faced with an unwanted, unplanned pregnancy? He is in a very deep dark closet. He and his Repug peers do not hesitate to send men and women off to any number of military invasions/incursions that the GOP calls "wars" where their lives (and the well-being of their families) are at stake. Makes absolutely no sense at all when considering the human factors but when there are million$$$ to be made by the profiteering industrialists providing war goods and services, common sense and Christ-like compassion fly out the window. Graham is diabolical.

Well one has to know that Sen Graham belongs to a differnt species which is evidently genetically modified for expressing only the evilness. No one knows who created him but sure enough not a real human with normal genes.

He and his Repug peers do not hesitate to send men and women off to any number of military invasions/incursions that the GOP calls "wars" where their lives (and the well-being of their families) are at stake.

They also don't care about the innocent children, pregnant women and other non-combatants being slaughtered overseas by the US military (supposedly fighting for our "freedom"). They have no regard for the quality of life for those living in these bombed-out, utterly devastated countries. They probably don't even regard this "collateral damage" as human. But they think they can dictate to a woman how many children she can have, here, stateside.

They don't care about the quality of life of the unwanted children once they are born. They don't seem to care about the conditions in foster homes much, either, which is where these unwanted children often end up when the "choose adoption" people have their sway on the mothers.
All the cuts in food stamps, Medicaid, WIC, and other benefits, were enacted by this same GOP. Where is the money for the safety net being redirected? Well, the war, for one.
But then, Clinton, with his "welfare to work" program wasn't a whole lot better. These people ought to try raising a child on a minimum wage salary, and consider high housing and healthcare costs into the matter, too, not to mention childcare and other living expenses.

A patriarchal society, hell bent on cutting social benefits and safety nets and regressing women's rights, among others, are historic indicators gauging the rise of fascism.

Mr. Graham apparently has no knowledge of or experience with the problems associated
with unwanted pregnancies. Fortunately, the majority of the rest of the enlightened world
lacks his stupid ignorance gene. All he really wants is to stay in office, and he feels that
in South Carolina this tack will ensure his re-election. Sad that politics has come down to
this low level.

What's disturbing is that some people actually vote for these troglodytes.

The species you are referring , I believe, is vampire Zionist(?). They claim they are descendants of a dark ages group that created their own god who in turn made them their god's chosen ones. (or something like that.)

To be balanced, these fools pretending to be pro-life need to also ban any and all treatments and medicines meant to enhance fertility. I don't see them trying to ban fertility treatments.

Also, these pro-life fools are obviously pushing forth the notion that no one should be having sex and making children unless they "can afford to" and stressing that point by cutting social services. Which is a sublte way of enforcing genocide!!! That's right I'm calling out these pro-lifers as genocidal white supremecists!!!!! Why is it genocide? Because their hiring and paying practices keeps minorities disadvantaged and, in their disadvantaged state, the minorities are then told to not have children because they can't afford to raise them. That's the plan these pro-lifers are pushing forth!!! They think and hope they're going to weed out the minorities this way. I have no doubts about it!!!!

This is a very interesting take on this subject, and it makes a lot of sense. I have long believed that the Republicans and other "pro-lifers" don't really care about others until and unless they can use them for something. Your view reinforces that belief for me.

I do not need to add to this great reply.

Ballyshannon-

Do you notice that the term abortion is so repulsive that it is regularly referred to as "reproductive health care" instead.