Home | About | Donate

Sen. Warren Demands Eviction Moratorium as New Reporting Sheds Light on Nation's Stark Housing Inequality

Originally published at http://www.commondreams.org/news/2020/07/27/sen-warren-demands-eviction-moratorium-new-reporting-sheds-light-nations-stark

1 Like

Super low interest rates must be the driver of home sales surging.
I would have thought that it is a time of foreclosures with the unemployment crisis.

But moms house had a half dozen offers on the 2nd day of listing it.
One even exceeded the asking price.
I think the article has the right idea. Beyond the low interest rates, it is contingent on the viability of the community.

If demands were pennies, I’d be rich.

2 Likes

Congress could have avoided all of this and strengthened the failing economy at the same time, by offering UBI to all of the citizens and the few corporations who are dependent on customer traffic, and not essential. Instead they gave the Treasury keys to the 1%, and the middle finger to the people.

2 Likes

The data relating to states and differential impact of difficulties in paying rent is informative. (I see the “demand for eviction moratorium” as only a lead-in to the real story of what is happening.)

We’ve seen this shit show before. It ended with “Off with their heads.”

1 Like

I’m hoping for a repeat of that history.

I was thinking of all of the dull blades that CD commenters would have to sharpen regularly.

1 Like