Home | About | Donate

Sen. Warren Slams Disney for 28,000 Fired Workers Amid Stock Buyback Spree

Originally published at http://www.commondreams.org/news/2020/10/14/sen-warren-slams-disney-28000-fired-workers-amid-stock-buyback-spree

1 Like

The mad rush to fascism is on. The end game has started. The pandemic has given them the excuse they needed to implement their new “Final Solution”
Things are going to get a whole lot worse, no matter who wins in November.

3 Likes

No surprise to me. Disney treated his workers like dirt from the onset of his organization. Almost 70 years ago, my father was a consultant for Disneyland’s creation in CA. He had also been best childhood friends with one of Disney’s major film producers. My mother had gone to the same art school as Disney. Walt and his brother were far from benevolent employers from the onset. Walt was never a great artist, but he had fantastic ideas. Artists and animators, the very people who masterminded and created the amazing masterpieces upon which the Disney empire was built, were often poorly paid and cheated out of any recognition or rights to their work. Over the years, similar tories have come out - and certainly Michael Eisner was no saint … and the beat goes on …

1 Like

Kudos to Warren for going after Disney!

1 Like

Sounds like Elon Musk all over again. The 1% has used this scam to float money to the top. Sweden never closed down and has low death rates. I first went to a physician when I was 16 and had a brain concussion. Cases are meaningless. Keep your immunity up. Take Vit D, K2, VitC and other immunity supplements. Fauci led the way with HIV and AIDS back in the 80s and 90s. This has been the same game plan. Look up Dr Peter Duesberg and Dr Judy Mikovits. Fauci shut off funds to these brilliant scientists and stopped their careers because he disagrees with them.

This is the second time I’ve seen you post today that Sweden has low COVID death rates. It’s not true.
Out of 168 countries listed, only 14 have higher death rates per 100,000 population, than Sweden, 153 countries have lower death rates per 100,000 population. Their case fatality rate is 6.8%, much higher than even the United States at 2.8%. I certainly wouldn’t rate their “herd immunity” plan a success by any measure.

(h)ttps://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/COVID-19_pandemic_death_rates_by_country

2 Likes

this is a gas light --expecting capitalist corporations to act in any other manner is magical thinking at it’s worst–expecting the Democrats to act for the American people is turning out to be an exercise equally magical in thinking

tired of the capitalist pawns who work only for their corporate dollars–the few actual progressives in Congress need to leave the Democrats as a failed experiment and work to organize a party that actually represents the needs of the country-a People’s party(.org) --the needs that every poll for decades has shown what the people want-the needs that have been denied by both our political establishments for those same decades-FOR THE MONEY from the corporations destroying our country and the world for profit

1 Like

But that’s capitalism Liz. You know, what you stand for when you’re not performing theatrically and posturing.

1 Like

why do you keep lying?

1 Like

Except that Liz isn’t actually doing anything. As usual with her, it’s just another performance.

2 Likes

Gee Neoliberal Lizzie, you should be slamming yourself for stabbing Bernie in the back twice and helping with the continuous purging of real progressives from any positions of power in Washington, DC.