Home | About | Donate

Senate Democrats Prepare Final Push to Save Net Neutrality as Support for 'Red Alert' Campaign Grows

Senate Democrats Prepare Final Push to Save Net Neutrality as Support for 'Red Alert' Campaign Grows

Jessica Corbett, staff writer

As a growing number of websites are gearing up to "go red" on Wednesday to raise awareness about the closing window of time Congress has to restore federal net neutrality protections repealed by Republican regulators last December, Senate Democrats are preparing to force a vote on the matter as early as this week.

A simple question: Aside from those who would profit from killing the net, who in their right fucking mind would want to have the internet throttled and tainted?!

I s’pose a possible answer might be: the same yayhoos that CONTINUALLY vote against their own best interests ALWAYS!!!

Free speech is contagious and dangerous to the controllers. TPTB will go all out to end it in every venue. The people will shrug rather than be fined or jailed. Mention 9-11 and off you go, our most basic and important right to free speech is under direct assault and will continue to be so. This is war on the American people.

The figment of free speech is functional only inside of one’s head. Outside of that it is regulated six ways from Sunday. Everything from a reverence to god to the opinion of the old lady a block over controls a sane person’s tongue. The problem with the net is that the writer is secure in his anonymity and I can aggravate a whole bunch, millions, livid with a simple tweet, that is if I had an account. Young people have been driven to suicide over the net.
I don’t have an answer but there certainly must be one.

If it’s war then war must be met with violence. Take up arms and kill the oligarchial fuckers. Too bad people are fucking lazy and I can’t fight for shit.