Home | About | Donate

Senate Dems Probe Wall Street Ties of Foreclosure King Steven Mnuchin

Senate Dems Probe Wall Street Ties of Foreclosure King Steven Mnuchin

Deirdre Fulton, staff writer

When former Goldman Sachs partner Steven Mnuchin was nominated by President-elect Donald Trump last month to serve as Treasury secretary, Sen. Sherrod Brown (D-Ohio) joined a chorus of critics in saying the pick wasn't "draining the swamp—it's stocking it with alligators."

T-dump's son-in-law, Kushner should be included in that "probe" (that will essentially not amount to a "hill of beans" like too other many probes and hearings). Probe, find wrong-doing, then what? Yup, zero, zilch, nada...BAU.

All theater. Democrats most comfortable position is being a minority party, complaining about Republicans while taking Wall Street money themselves. Mnuchin is terrible, but Geithner, Summers, Rubin, and others in the Obama and Clinton administrations were not friends of the working people.

I agree that these dems only want to complain while their daddies and mommies( the rethugs) do the work of demolishing the country.

Exactly! It's possible that the Democrats may convince some Republicans to reject a nominee or two from Trump's Cabinet picks but I guarantee that Mnunchin will be replaced by someone just as bad, if not worse.

If he makes the recess appointment (and that's a BIG if, in my opinion), he'll pick a Wall Street friendly because that's what he's been doing since he came into office. Yes, whoever Obama picks will probably be a lot better than anyone Trump picks, but that's not saying much.

There is absolutely NO WAY he'd pick someone like Tim Canova.