Home | About | Donate

Senate Republicans Just Made Clear Their Desire to Gut Essential Healthcare Services

Senate Republicans Just Made Clear Their Desire to Gut Essential Healthcare Services

Andrea Germanos, staff writer

Senate Republicans on Tuesday rejected a Sen. Bernie Sanders-introduced measure to defend Social Security, Medicare, and Medicaid.

The vote on Amendment 19, which Sanders (I-Vt.) also introduced Tuesday, was 49-49, short of the 60 it needed to advance.

In the best government money can buy, how can we expect anything to improve if there is no movement to get the money and revolving doors out of politics?

Looks like we got rid of that incremental change stuff. Along with the status quo.

I resent the word entitlement, as in a giveaway when applied to programs that we the tax payer have paid in to for many many years.

What about all those "entitlements" for the wealthy and for corporate entities? Or the military where huge swathes of those monies have foolishly and viciously gone.

Everyone will get burned on ground level if these programs are destroyed. Not just the retired, ill and infirm.

What is the attempted repeal of ACA really about? Well perhaps here is the answer:
ACA Repeal Would Lavish Medicare Tax Cuts on 400 Highest-Income Households | Center on Budget and Policy Priorities
http://www.cbpp.org/research/federal-tax/aca-repeal-would-lavish-medicare-tax-cuts-on-400-highest-income-households

"Should any political party attempt to abolish social security unemployment insurance and eliminate labor laws and farm programs you would not hear of that party again in our political history. There is a tiny splinter group of course that believes you can do these things. Among them are a few other Texas oil millionaires and an occasional politician or business man from other areas. Their number is negligible and they are stupid."

Ike Eisenhower

I hate the word moocher as well. I have paid into the system since I was 16 years old. When I was 54 years old
The doctors diagnosed a large brain tumor. Now the GOP and many DINOs would rather that I just get dead. Is that anyway for a "Christian" country to act?

Flanigan2, so very sorry to hear about your health challenges. Tough stuff especially in a country where leadership is for the most part heartless regarding the populace. I hope for the best outcome for you.

As to our country being Christian, I think that term is often used as a cover by politicians for political gain and has no real substance. If we as a nation actually lived by what the being Christ is supposed to have espoused, we would be in a world that is 360 for what it is now.