Home | About | Donate

Senate Votes to Give Trump Vast Domestic Spying Powers "No President Should Have"

Senate Votes to Give Trump Vast Domestic Spying Powers "No President Should Have"

Jon Queally, staff writer

"Instead of instituting much needed reforms, lawmakers voted to give the Trump administration broad powers to spy on Americans and foreigners at home and abroad without a warrant."

With Democrats like Feinstein, Klobuchar and Schumer, who needs Republicans?

Both of my Dem senators loves them some warrantless spying.

Clearly, the terrorists won.

Neither party has a particular love of freedom for the mere citizens

Democratic Senators: 52% Nay. Republican Senators: 20% Nay. Another reason I could never vote for a Republican. And, barely 1/2 of the Democratic Senate is a reason I can hardly vote for a Democrat any more, either.
The only silver lining here, if there is one, is that Democrats in the Senate thinking of the POTUS spot in 2020, mostly were Nay.

You’re always looking for that silver lining. That’s nice.

The United States of Mordor.

Where is that Frodo dude and his righteous Ring? Mt. Doom is exploding sky-high.

Sometimes it is the only thing one can do to keep sane.

That, and beer :slight_smile:

Nancy Pelosi was right in there Now it all makes sense-when she conned us. I was so happy to have a female speaker of the House. Now I would take a shit on her Marin vineyard and throw it at her face. There’s your “presentation” neoliberal nightmare!

Both of my Senators, Casey and Toomey voted with the traitors.

Peace
Po

Both of my democrat senators voted for this. Both proud women working to resist. If they had been in Holland during WW2 when the nazis came calling asking forAnne Frank I have a feeling that they would have pointed up. I am so angry I can’t even express what pos I think they both are.

I researched just a small part of the beginning of the appropriations bill for this legislation, signed by the senate about July 31, 2017. Have not yet searched for when the House signed their bill because I wanted to get this posted as soon as possible…Remember, this is all without warrants.

Funds are hereby authorized to be appropriated for fiscal year 2018 for the conduct of the intelligence and intelligence-related activities of the following elements of the United States Government. The National Security Agency, the CIA, the FBI, the Office of the Director of National Intelligence, the Department of Defense, the Defense Intelligence Agency, the Department of the Army, the Department of the Navy, and the Department of the Air Force; the Coast Guard, the Department of State, the Department of the Treasury, the Department of Energy, the Department of Justice, the Drug Enforcement Administration, the National Reconnaissance Office, the National Geospatial-Intelligence Agency.

I have a mental picture of a future whereby several other countries have stepped forward to offer asylum to U.S. refugees or, even worse, being bombed by other countries as we bombed Hitler to stop him from taking control of the planet. I know… how could I even think of such things? I can because Trump is behaving more and more like a madman everyday!

When will California voters give Feinstein the boot so she can spend more time with her money ?

Hope dies last. So, you’re ahead of Hope on my short list. But, your type are probably on many lists. Shit lists works well with HoneyWagon; sort of hand in glove, only messier.

Both senators from my state of Nebraska (Republicans), voted for this bill…Fischer & Sasse.

If there was no substantial change to FISA in general, let alone section 702, then all POTUS’s going back to Carter have had “powers, no POTUS should have.” Also,

And in 2020, 95% of the voting electorate will again support the parties of the Duopoly like nothing happened for those past four years.

Insane.

Yeah though I don’t want to be like the poor depicted in 1984 who do nothing but get drunk off gin.

have they gone nuts? is becoming a military state frightening to anyone? is this our crossroads?