Home | About | Donate

Senator: Red Cross Misled Congress, Refused To ‘Level With the People’ on Haiti Money

Senator: Red Cross Misled Congress, Refused To ‘Level With the People’ on Haiti Money

Justin Elliott, ProPublica, and Laura Sullivan, NPR

A blistering Senate report on the American Red Cross raises fundamental questions about the integrity of the country's most storied charity and its stewardship of donors' dollars.

The report, which was released today by Sen. Charles Grassley, R-Iowa, and contains nearly 300 pages of supporting documents, found:

Everything in this country is getting more corrupt every day. It will fall soon but it won't be pretty. Humankind is setting on a thin fence. If humankind falls one way we will be exploring and colonizing other planets, the other way, we cease to exist.

This is why it is best to give to your local community blood bank. When you give blood to the Red Cross, it leaves your community. When you give to your blood bank, you are helping your neighbors. Plus, the Red Cross sells your blood.

If you give anything to any of these 'Nationalistic' aid foundations, they ALWAYS spend a shit load on personal adornments. Don't be a phkn fool, save your money like Ticki says and give to a local fund where you also have friends and acquaintances contributing to the same pot. We have to remember, initially 'all politics are local'.

This story has been around for a while yet gets little attention. Maybe because its just Haiti???? The racist corporate media aren't going to report a 500 billion dollar rip off! Its amazing how the stupid republicans spend all their time on Bengazi when the real story is the Clinton foundation. Remember Bill Clinton going to Haiti promising help---Maybe MSNBC might do some real reporting on this????? This is a pure example of the racist corporate media.

This is obviously not going to happen. Given the state of world finance and the willingness on the part of any nation or any group of private (read capitalist) entities to provide the financing needed to get a half dozen human organisms alive and in fully functional shape on Mars and given the huge costs of such en endeavor, this will not happen. The only other way - "we cease to exist" - seems the only possible outcome. Gaea will cease to support our species along with most other living organisms upon her surface.

To take a page from George Carlin's book, Gaea wanted "to simply incorporate plastic into a new paradigm: the earth plus plastic. The earth doesn’t share our prejudice toward plastic. Plastic came out of the earth. The earth probably sees plastic as just another one of its children. Could be the only reason the earth allowed us to be spawned from it in the first place. It wanted plastic for itself. Didn’t know how to make it. Needed us. Could be the answer to our age-old egocentric philosophical question, 'Why are we here?'

Plastic… asshole.”

If I were Siouxrose, I would be wagging my finger at you, but I'll simply respond that this is a plausible theory. It's why I give my financial support to Médecins Sans Frontières and not to the American Red Cross.

The Clinton Foundation was no better.....

http://www.caribbean360.com/news/protests-continue-hillary-clintons-role-haiti

And, for the hundredth time (with variations):

IF we had an actual media, Clinton would be regularly pressed to answer specific questions about Haiti.

Exactly. Because it's Haiti. The long history there is so sad as is US intervention in South America. Intervention--such a lovely word, right?strong text

When I learned how much my donation by way of work campaign went to administrative costs, I stopped giving to them, picked a nonprofit and gave directly. What a scam.

Here is how I think of it. If you told people that we would be flying from one city to another and over oceans in hours 150 years ago, they would think you were crazy.

This post was flagged by the community and is temporarily hidden.

Take a look outside of your little circle. It is possible to get far more corrupt than you could ever believe. India, Africa. Systems completely break down. And yet, life continues to struggle on.

You have only to look up the Clintons in Haiti to find the film of them there getting booked for high paying speaking gigs & leaving. Clinton & Bush were given Haiti by Ban Ki Moon. Bill asked for some trucks to be donated once.
The International Red Cross & the Red Cross do not seem to like each other and do not make clear when you try to deal with them where one bureaucracy starts & the other ends. Note otherwise why did the International Red Cross need a check from the Red Cross?
Meantime I say so goes Haiti, so goes the West. Hillary the female unit of the power broker machine meant to replicate Kissinger's Tank of thinking to run international labor from one desk in the US & one in China all to enrich 5 families is why Hillary snuggles with Kissinger while Bill watches.

The argument that because something is more corrupt somewhere else it is okay for us to be corrupt does not hold water to me. Think of it this way, some guy just killed 49 people in Orlando so it is okay for someone to just kill one person.

Did I really say that?

No ,I didn't.