Home | About | Donate

Senators Demand Federal Limits for Toxic Chemicals in Drinking Water Amid Reports of 'Unconscionable' Inaction by Trump's EPA

Senators Demand Federal Limits for Toxic Chemicals in Drinking Water Amid Reports of 'Unconscionable' Inaction by Trump's EPA

Jessica Corbett, staff writer

In response to reports this week that the Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) doesn't plan to impose drinking water limits on two toxic chemicals linked to various forms of cancer and other health issues, 20 senators on Friday sent a letter to acting Administrator Andrew Wheeler imploring him to craft nationwide restrictions.

OH Mr. Wheeler: you don’t want to give Americans clean and uncontaminated water?
Do you have a water cooler in your office? Has your home water been tested? Maybe that’s a useless idea----because how does anyone know if any water is safe?
How many medicines are made from their local water? Do medicines kill people from war;s in the water-- and how do we know that any medicine is safe, or any Coca Cola or any milk , including Mother’s milk if no one knows what’s in any of the water?
I think Mr. Wheeler has created a new challenge-----“Drink it to live-----or drink it and die.” What a conundrum . ; 0

1 Like

Exactly the beliefs of the people in positions of power must be challenged .

Beliefs create behaviours.

1 Like

HI Hemp, I am rally wondering about some of the people in power in Congress, and the military, and now we have to wonder about the EPA—the one good thing Nixon left behind. : (

1 Like

When you add it all up, including the EPA and the water quality plan, a coup is in order. Trump, and every bit of his administration operates in an UNAMERICAN fervor. Everything they do is subversive to everyday people and everyday conditions.

It shows that the average American is either complicit, or could care less. Otherwise we would hear the rumblings of dissent. I’m listening, I’m listening. Yup, you could hear a mouse fart in this void of silence.

1 Like

Will our people ever grow up? It is “unconscionable” by design.
“The third, broadly, line of work is deconstruction of the administrative state … If you look at these cabinet appointees, they were selected for a reason and that is the deconstruction. The way the progressive left runs, is if they can’t get it passed, they’re just going to put in some sort of regulation in an agency. That’s all going to be deconstructed and I think that that’s why this regulatory thing is so important.” - Steve Bannon at CPAC, Feb. 2017 (hello, two years ago)

You think this subject has been addressed, repeatedly, on TV? There’s a very simple reason the average American is a no-nothing; and, it’s not that they are either complicit, or could care less. They are purposely kept ignorant; and, that’s not undoubtedly of their own design.

Well, you’re right, the first step is to be aware. But too many are not trying to shut out the daily propaganda. Hell more than half the people on the street if asked, couldn’t tell you who the vice president is.

1 Like

I believe those “too many”, whom you speak of, have no idea that they are being bombarded daily with propaganda. They live in their own little microsm, very much unaware of the intricasies of the world surrounding them and the extensive propaganda network controlling practically their every thought.

Unless we have very savvy parents or a close, knowledgeable mentor as a guide to the world, we’re at a disadvantage. That was my case (despite much higher education), until about nine years ago, when a new, older friend finally got me interested in reading alternative Internet news. Obviously, I missed a lot during the prior years my life; and, there is much I have to learn; but, I’m thankful I’m starting to come out of the darkness. I simply wish that certain other Americans could have such good fortune.

Dont forget fluoride. Get fluoride out of the water. It wrecks the thyroid.