Home | About | Donate

'Send Him to Jail': Calls to Arrest Barr for Contempt After AG Refuses to Show Up for House Hearing

'Send Him to Jail': Calls to Arrest Barr for Contempt After AG Refuses to Show Up for House Hearing

Jake Johnson, staff writer

Democrats faced calls to immediately hold Attorney General William Barr in contempt of Congress—and, if necessary, throw him in jail—after Barr refused to testify before the House Judiciary Committee on Thursday.

"William Barr is in contempt," Joel Mathis wrote at The Week. "Congress should send him to jail."

1 Like

If they don’t arrest this slimy pig, we will continue going down that slippery slope. At the bottom is hell.

5 Likes

Hey Hon, just answer the committees questions and work with procedures. The guy who created your job for you is in the sack up to his eyeballs and chances are will not be completing term one simply because of his NYC history and getting caught so many times with his pants down. Ultimately, you get coverage as “Honorable” in a void as standee for the DNC and DCCC. Pick that one apart just for fun. Just (Im) peachy

Yes, and the bottom is the hell of Trump fixing the 2020 election!

3 Likes

And this is the democratic crap we are killing people all over the world to adopt? America needs a regime change before we descend into something a lot worse than lawless Somalia, an anarchist stateless society and a country with no formal legal system.

3 Likes

Yes, if any country in the world needs regime change, it is Fascist, Amerika. When Thomas Jefferson said that the tree of liberty must from time to time, be watered with the blood of tyrants, if he were alive today, I believe he would say that time is now! Trump, Pompeo, Pence, Abrams, Bolton, and Barr are nothing else but tyrants!

6 Likes

Cite for contempt. Arrest if Barr does not comply (I understand there is a cell in the capitol). Impeach and Try (put Senate repubs on the record).

4 Likes

Democrats: STOP equivocating and send the SOB to prison! Now that is “aiming high”!

2 Likes

Wholeheartedly agreed up to that point. But “anarchy” is often wrongly conflated with “chaos,” when it actually represents the highest evolution of government: when people are smart enough and moral enough to govern themselves without need of a powerful state (see the works of Senya Fleschin, Emma Goldman and Molly Siemers for an intro). Somalia is no such place—nor is the US as we now know it.

3 Likes

All of us here should be in full agreement that America needs a Regime Change. So how do we do it?

Great question! I hope someone that is a lot smarter than me has an answer!

Lindsey Graham is right; “it’s over, no more.” March that family out of our White House in orange jump suits and hand cuffs. How did our employees become so arrogant and self absorbed? Why aren’t there term limits on these trolls? The rot is so deep and ingrained that it may not be salvageable: They keep spouting constitutional rhetoric, but I don’t think any of them have ever read it, or they assume we haven’t read it or don’t understand it. Trump and family are world class criminals that have a certain appeal to a fairly substantial cult following, but like a cancer that has metastasized, radical surgery is required, which may be to late.

2 Likes

My thought for the DNC at this point was one of my late father’s favorite sayings in a situation like this, “Shit or get off the pot.”

3 Likes

How about a swap? Barr for Manning, even Steven. Tit for tat. 'Nuff said. Peace…

2 Likes

Fish or cut bait?

1 Like

This may have far reaching implications. This is another challenge to the Congress similar to Marbury vs. Madison. The Congress lost face then and in the age of Trump may do so again paving the way for more “republican/conservative” control.

1 Like

The world is stranger than fiction. Here we have what amounts to a full-blown cult of embezzlement, anti-semitism and more, also selling out your country and a touch of pedophilia on the side, and they’re playing the “poor poor me” card. The Dems, who are also wading in money up to their eyeballs, are buying it. If the Dems persecute this particular money grubber onto the cross, ok, into a cell with a black and white TV, then people aren’t going to vote massively against the Republicans in November of 2020.

Corporate Democrats ultimately will step in and protect the interests of Trump, because his Administration will cut their personal taxes and make the billionaires and large corporations they service under the table that much more likely to inflate their golden parachutes after they are done fucking over the masses yet again.

Will Barr face any real consequence? Well of course not.

Aside from a mild mannered rebuke, will Mueller make a stink if he ends up testifying to Congress? Well of course not. He has dutifully contained any real damage to those who needed his protection most. Large corporations up to their necks in this fucking swamp of corruption.

I stated so much months ago…hoping I was wrong. Not yet apparently.

Oh, almost forgot. Thank goodness Biden is here to save us all!!! (sarcasm on steroids)

Cluck.

1 Like

Pelosi and Nadler need to stop threatening and just do it.

2 Likes

Julian Assange is arrested and sentenced to 50 weeks in prison. Common Dreams does not campaign on this issue, but on the bogus question of the Democrats and William Barr. But the WSWS(dot)org DOES campaign - every day and in every country possible - for the freedom of Julian Assange and Chelsea Manning!