Home | About | Donate

'Serious Dereliction of Duty': Unveiling Unredacted FBI Report, Raskin Raps Trump Administration for Ignoring White Supremacist Threat in Law Enforcement

Originally published at http://www.commondreams.org/news/2020/09/29/serious-dereliction-duty-unveiling-unredacted-fbi-report-raskin-raps-trump-0

1 Like

This, is exactly why calls for Police Reform have been going on for decades.

Union forces would have better served this nation if they had sought out and eliminated racist groups after the Civil War.

Now, we have a Conservative Base supporting the Fascist takeover of our country.

A closer examination of this group would most assuredly show a clear majority came from those whose ancestors either owned slaves or did business with those who did.

2 Likes

American law enforcement and our war criminal military attracts people who want to carry and use guns, have control over others, be brutal, be unaccountable, and revel in violence.
There are a few ethical people in the police forces and military, but they’re far outnumbered by the bad people.
The empire’s worldwide police force, and its equivalent in our towns and cities, is a dominator force meant to suppress any country, revolution or even a mild protest.
Racist gun nuts are at the heart of Trump’s cult.

2 Likes

Additional ref:

Unredacted FBI Document Sheds New Light on White Supremacist Infiltration of Law Enforcement

A 2006 intelligence assessment reveals that officials had concerns about the infiltration of police departments for years but failed to warn the public.
~https://theintercept.com/2020/09/29/police-white-supremacist-infiltration-fbi/

2 Likes

They just want ‘their’ country back. If those ungrateful slaves hadn’t emigrated here there would be no problem.(sarcasm alert) The funny thing about white supremacy is that whites have controlled almost everything in this country for hundreds of years yet in the tiny minds of the supremacists all the problems are supposedly caused by the nearly powerless Blacks and Latinos. Thus the fear of them gaining political power is tied to the fear that the ‘other’ would be as awful to them as they have been to ‘others’.

4 Likes

For black, brown, and red people, this report is yesterday’s news.

4 Likes

This started before Trump though.
Dont forget the video surveillance of the ‘every day’ public
Around here (Northern IL) we have video surveillance cameras at all major intersections. Areas not currently covered, will be. The local hub (operations center) is a bike ride from home. That hub, is tied into other ‘hubs’. I think it’s by county but don’t remember. I know this because I was inside the place once applying for a job operating the center, and was given a tour. These cameras started going in many years ago. Long before Trump. The first time I saw the operations room and all of the racks and racks of monitors, all I though of was “what the hell are they preparing for”. I mentioned to the interviewer that all of these recordings would be helpful in traffic accidents. She told me that no, these recordings could not be used in court for traffic accidents or subpoena by the public. Hmmm. I didn’t get the job.

4 Likes

Of course, people have known this just by observation and history. Still, I am glad that the unredacted FBI report is out there now. This gives us something “official” to push for needed changes.

3 Likes

They never stopped fighting the Civil War in the South. In the North they stopped and forgot.
So who really won? Or, is winning

2 Likes

The KKK are Trump’s troops why should he bother with them. What I don’t get is that the FBI was supposed to be an independent organization, guess not.

1 Like

Phred,

Nobody but politicians and Arms Manufacturers win in a war.

Back then, it was Blue vs. Gray, now TPTB have the Blue vs. Red.

The Duopoly has staked their future on keeping us the Divided States of America.

1 Like

I hear you. I used to live in the UK, and u have to work hard (and know a lot about back alleys and masks) to escape having their sci-fi AI CCTV system track you no matter where you are in public space in London.
“They herd us like sheep,” a great line from the prophetic movie They Live.

1 Like

I just had a talk with a woman Trump supporter. Among other things she said was “aliens"are beaming down lights to burn our forests (I live in California), she also said “Trump” is going to win so get used to it”. I’ve talked to many Trump supporters and almost all of them bring up aliens and super natural phenomena during the course of a conversation. These people really scare me, I had no idea Americans could become so willfully ignorant. She’s ex law enforcement with great pensions.In their eyes Trump can do no wrong, especially since he’s getting rid of the “illegals” and the “corruption in government”. I thought I’d share this with CD readers not sure it’ll surprise anyone.

2 Likes

precisely

and when one side is waging war and the other, doesn’t even realize it’s happening?

1 Like

As my previous reply to you infers, Here we are heading in the direction you experienced in the UK. and fast.

This reminds me of a question from COUNTERPUNCH 09/28/2020 by Paul Street_The Rolling Constitution-Fascist Coup in the World’s Most Dangerous Nation

Asked on Sept. 23 if he would commit to a peaceful transfer of power if he loses the election, President Trump said, ‘We’re going to have to see what happens.’

This question should not be asked because it gives legitimacy to the potential problem and seeds the white “subpremicy” ideas on increase violence around the election, race and gender wars

Timebr,

Welcome to the club. Willful ignorance is rampant in this country and it’s not restricted to only that political party.

It’s unfortunate people put that much faith in a criminal conman.

Be happy you didn’t drink the Kool-aid.

Phred,

It was at this point in 2016 that I became increasingly vocal about both candidates being less than worthy of governing anything more than maybe a dog kennel.

Several other commenters teamed up on me and I was gone for a 3 month forced vacation.

The trolls are beginning to appear more frequently and I am thinking of taking a little vacation voluntarily until this debacle is over.

I feel that I have little to no effect on anything and that any contributions I make aren’t worthy of the conversations many of our fellow learned commenters have made.

You take care and be safe Phred.

I’ll pray for our nation and it’s people to believe more in the truth, and less in the lies men tell.

1 Like

Yep the DNC boiler room trolls are here again herding as many of the sheep as they can in various ways. Fortunately, here, there aren’t very many sheep. But it’ll get worse until it’s over. A break might be just the thing.

You take care, and safe as well. I’ll look forward to meeting up here again soon.

1 Like

The southeast states have been winning since right after the Korean War.
Also this fbi (small letters, small thinking there) could have corrrectly said this in 1955, 1965 and 1975.

An example is a northern Alabama county where the kkk cell was the sheriff’s deputies.
More?
They were kin of the elected sheriff. At that time, there were no jobs in alabama (small ‘a’)
More?
The original settlers of this county were from north central Europe of three religions. None believed in slavery.
So, here we are in 2020, ready to fight.