Home | About | Donate

Seymour Hersh Details Explosive Story on Bin Laden Killing & Responds to White House, Media Backlash

Seymour Hersh Details Explosive Story on Bin Laden Killing & Responds to White House, Media Backlash

Democracy Now!

Four years after U.S. forces assassinated Osama bin Laden, Pulitzer Prize-winning investigative reporter Seymour Hersh has published an explosive piece claiming much of what the Obama administration said about the attack was wrong.

poor choice of words: insert "lies" instead of "wrong".

I have no proof but credible sources have claimed that Bin Laden died of kidney failure a long time ago. So that makes me wonder if the Seymour Hersh story is true but about a Bin Laden double, after all, with a 25 million $ bounty on his head that was alleged to have been collected, nothing would really surprise me. And the fact that no one ever saw any proof, tells me maybe he was a double; otherwise, he would have been paraded in front of the whole world.

No doubt about it that Obama, the consummate con man either lied or was given erroneous information, but being the liar in chief, I would strongly suspect he knew the information was a bald faced lie. At any rate, the corporate pundit, whores in the dinosaur MSM will shoot the messenger.

I have suggested in another post on the other article regarding this that the man killed was a double and quite likely one of those doubles employed by the US Governmnet to help manufacture those faked "confession videos" or to issue more threats against the West even after Osama Bin Laden was reported in other newspapers as having died.

There simply no logical reason NONE whatsoever that the body would have been "disposed of at sea" or "dumped in the mountains ".

I too believe that OBL more likely to have died many years ago of kidney failure. But if he succeeded in staying alive, it would make sense that the Pakistan ISI would've captured and babysat him. They had the medical facilities to treat him. Either way he was totally out of the picture for 10 years or so. The legend was deliberately kept alive to control the story and events.

The White House claims the piece is "riddled with inaccuracies."
* If there was ever a time when I had to choose between Mr. Hersh and the US Fourth Reich's Propaganda Ministry, I would unhesitatingly choose Mr. Hersh.
;-})

I think you may be right. They could even have told "bin Laden the double" that they would make a phony hit on him, then he would be taken in the chopper to a safe place and given another identity.
* I'm sure the double would have no value except in his own mind.
* Chop, chop, toss, toss. No evidence, no DNA.
* And so it goes in the new Reich.
;-})

Here's Hersh's full story, in the London Review of Books:

The Killing of Osama bin Laden

I would like to find out more about the use of "doubles". Any web links or books you might recommend?

No books off hand but use the web search phrase "political decoy". Stalin used them as did a number of other political leaders. At the end of the article are web links you can use to look further.

Thanks. Found some info on Wikipedia.
From the beginning I thought the "burial at sea" smelled fishy (bad pun, sorry).
Much as OBL's been the villain, seems his family was entitled to a proper burial.
All we want is the truth. The officials and their media mouthpieces are treating us like children.

Sorry, but you NSA types will not be able to do to Hersh what the CIA and its minions did to Gary Webb, in the wake of the San Jose Mercury expose'. You people are interested in only two things, reinforcing group think/conformance and furthering your own careers. I once commuted 120 miles/day round trip with those of your stripe.

Yeah, don't think for one minute if BO had the real Osama he would have loved to put him on display to the world! By the way, does anyone know who received the 25 million $ bounty?

Yes, no doubt the legend was probably kept alive to control the story and events. And if someone wanted to collect the 25 million $ bounty that would be a huge incentive to keep the story alive.

Someone named in the original article that Hersh wrote -- I can't remember off the top of my head, but AlephNull has the link to the article.

Everything about terrorism is a collosal lie. Even after severe drum beating by the MSM, slowly the truth unveils. After ending of Communism something has to be put to churn the weapon industries. So after lot of thoughts the geriatric think tanks came up with this idea. Now it is declining so something needs to be taking that's place. The fiscal condition is reached to the drain. It is already facing a severe situation but not for the 0.1% to 1% so it won't bother them tremendously. Yes lots of violence will be on the street in the coming days but that would be dealt very harshly in the name of law and order. That also goes against the ordinary people. So one way or other we are all screwed. Next year scheduled presidential circus will be in the town so the clowns from respective sources are getting dressed up for it. It is so ridiculus that none in the country ever has raised the question why our President is not elected based on popular vote? It is undeniable that many of our fellow citizens fully believe in Santa Claus and Polar Express. That is very unfortunate so the sufferings would continue indefinitely.

I would submit that Barack Obama hasn't the faintest idea what really happened to Bin Laden. The story put forth by the White House doesn't ring true, that's for sure. Also, I heard that many, if not all, of the SEALs that participated in the assassination we're killed a few weeks later in a helicopter accident in Afghanistan. True?
If so, the story really stinks.

On August 6, 2011 a US Chinook helicopter was shot down in Afghanistan. Among the 38 men killed were 15 SEALs from the Gold Squadron of DEVGRU, aka "SEAL Team Six." The "shooters" who did the Bin Laden raid were from the Red Squadron of DEVGRU, so, not the same men.

I would submit that Barack Obama has a very good idea what happened to Bin Laden, as do I: the SEALs found him on the third floor of his house and shot him to death.

Bin Laden never cared about his targets, either in East Africa or the U.S., having a proper burial. Don't really see why we should have cared about him. That he ended up as fish food has never bothered me in the slightest.

Hersh's story makes no sense. If OBL was a defenseless prisoner of the ISI in Abbottabad, and the ISI/CIA agreement was that he was to be "killed in a drone strike," then why not simply kill him in his house, put the body in a Toyota Land Cruiser, drive it up to the border, and then have a drone fire a Hellfire into the vehicle? Why go through all the risk of having SEALs fly into Pakistani air space?

Also, while allowances should be made for Hersh being a print guy and not a TV guy, in the interview linked above he makes some very basic errors--ISI isn't like the CIA, SEALs aren't "special forces," the assault plan called for fast roping, not rappelling, and no one breaches steel doors with dynamite.