Home | About | Donate

'Shame on this President:' With Shutdown, Trump Cuts Off Funds for 'Vital Services and Protections' for Women Who Face Abuse

'Shame on this President:' With Shutdown, Trump Cuts Off Funds for 'Vital Services and Protections' for Women Who Face Abuse

Julia Conley, staff writer

Rep. Barbara Lee (D-Calif.) was among those condemning the government shutdown's impacts on the safety of women and families, as funding for the Violence Against Women Act (VAWA) expired at midnight on Friday as the shutdown went into effect.

December 24, 2018 … United States ; US State Department to Increase funds for Ukrainian Navy. Officials cite Russian ‘escalation’ in decision. It is unclear if planned social security and medicare cuts will be sufficient to build up the Ukrainian navy. Read Complete Article here.

The GOP’s gubmit shutdowns are designed to undermine domestic programs, national parks and other parts of the gubmit that they want to eliminate.

Grover Nordquist’s lifelong quest to shrink gubmit to the size it can be flushed down the bath tub drain targets everything except corporate welfare programs of which the military industrial media infotainment complex (MIMIC) is the largest recipient.

A nice song - John Lennon “Happy Christmas”

We - and for that matter the entire world - are being held hostage by a criminal fascist cabal.

“Welcome to the Machine.”

Perhaps attacking this president is less important than addressing GOP women about their votes that hurt women. If GOP women could be “turned” we would not have congress critters like Collins of MAine.

Who the heck is advising and running foreign policy? Cheney, Rumsfeld, and Wolfowitz? Let’s hope it’s not them or the Trump-Bolton-Fox Noise war project.

“The more you can increase fear of drugs and crime, welfare mothers, immigrants and aliens, the more you control all the people.”
Noam Chomsky

If Trump were human he might notice his Pilot and the Secret Service are working without pay. Perhaps Trump is not as safe as he thinks.

Yeah, it’d be a real shame if he accidentally fell out of his plane on his way to Maybe-He’s-a-Loco.

Yea…Yea…another Trump this, another Trump that. If our corporate media and political class had this much outrage towards people like Paul Ryan, et. al., there would be no Trump. There is, and it will get far, far worse before the collective hemorrhaging abates.

Perfect situation for a hi-jacked plane to go missing.

HI Garrett: I am getting so tired of America, the UK and France," sending messages!"
Aren’t people in the State Dept supposed to be diplomats, and trained to difuse ridiculous situations? Oh wait, the Hillary worked there too. Never mind.

I’d like to be a Fly on the Wall at many X-Mas tables. Guaranteed one or more idiots will say something Pro-Trump and piss everybody off after a few Drinks. Then the fighting starts and the food goes flyin’… Many people I’ve spoken to Dread family gatherings because people have no Manners. So to resolve the problem, smoke a bowl, stuff your mouth so u can’t talk, then take a long nap. Trust me, you won’t miss a thing… just wake up for desert and go warm up the car. Happy Holidays!

Happy Birthday! It’s 4:20 where I am and time seems to stand still…:wink:

I wrote to the president and thanked him profusely.

Assad was a young medical student in England when he fell in love there and started raising a family. Then his brother died and couldn’t take over the dictatorship established after the fall of the Ottoman empire, itself born of successful resistance to Genghis Kahn.

Get real. Thank our great leader for seeing a road to peace in the middle east and Korea. Preen him. Pet him. Thank him for peace on Earth and good will for all

PS > Forget the wall. Not so many votes there.

Some Christmas Cheer for everyone here,

German - Released December 8th 2018

French…

GOP has to become synonymous with abuse of women -

They still continue to refuse to renew the Violence Against Women Act –

And any day that the Democrat Party is NOT CONDEMNING the GOP is a day
that we have to be condemning the Democrat Party.