Home | About | Donate

'Shameful': Trump Golfs, Tweets Election Lies as 14 Million Set to Lose Unemployment Benefits Just After Christmas

Originally published at http://www.commondreams.org/news/2020/12/25/shameful-trump-golfs-tweets-election-lies-14-million-set-lose-unemployment-benefits

5 Likes

I think Trump is calculating - where is the advantage to me.

11 Likes

While the measure is expected to pass the House, it is unclear whether Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell (R-Ky.) would even allow a vote on the increased payments

Oh, I think it is pretty clear he will not allow a vote and raise the amount of relief unless we have been busy on rooftops raising pigeons.

Equally clear we need to turn away from this system of exploitation even as it implodes.

For my fellow travelers here and across our suffering world on this morning where we consider that Light within us all I write these words of Tennyson:

Ring out the old, ring in the new,
Ring happy bells, across the snow…
The year is going, let him go;
Ring out the false, ring in the true.

Ring out the grief that saps the mind.
For those that here we see no more;
Ring out the feud of rich and poor,
Ring in redress to all mankind.

Ring out old shapes of foul disease;
Ring out the narrowing lust of gold;
Ring out the thousand wars of old,
Ring in the thousand years of peace.

In Memoriam, Tennyson

24 Likes

Let us hope that the US military doesn’t follow the light brigade’s mantra “not to reason why, but to do and die” as Trump continues to pressure them to participate in executing his coup.

Trump’s defacto veto is more proof that Trump observing that “I could shoot somebody on Fifth Avenue in broad daylight and not lose any votes” is the understatement of the century. Now that Trump’s serial divisiveness is killing more murkins each day than died on 9/11/01, his cult considers 14 million falling further into poverty to be just collateral damage.

13 Likes

Donald waited to do this on purpose. He knew that after Bernie Sanders’ proposal for $2000 per month per person since the beginning of the pandemic was refused and the parties fought over the crumbs to send our citizens, that the republicans would vote against it. He knew time would then run out and everyone would be screwed over. He did this because he lost the election and he wants the revenge of destruction on the entire country including the destruction of his own party. In short, Donald is delighted with the suffering of others.

25 Likes

Exactly right, in the video in the link below he talks about the dems blocking relief all summer, then rants about the fake election. I think his take on the $2000 checks was really about throwing a monkey wrench into the process. Trump has always been about Trump.

Merry Christmas everyone!

Forgot the link, sorry

~https://www.msn.com//en-us/news/politics/donald-trump-christmas-eve-tweets-attack-mitch-mcconnell-stimulus-twitter/ar-BB1ceaJb?ocid=msedgdhp

15 Likes

As Beau of the Fifth Column notes on one of his shirts, the pitchforks are available and ready to be used.

4 Likes

I proudly wear mine.

1 Like

But mostly this is about keeping himself in the news cycle. He will never stop doing goofy crap to keep the spotlight on himself. His ego needs it and, this if the best Grift that ever fell into his lap.
And as long as the Dems have someone to point at, as the source of the problem - they’re OK with it

14 Likes

True, but he loves him some revenge too. In his feeble mind everyone has wronged him by voting him out of office, especially since his team worked so hard to steal it (your good post with link on McConnell victory the other day), and he’s possibly looking at prison in the near future.

15 Likes

Kamala Harris is an inspiration to young girls and African Americans, letting them know that they can ascend to the highest offices in the land. Trump, likewise, sends the message to young criminals that they can become president. He should give a speech at a juvenile detention center, telling young people that the urge to murder, steal and lie need not be a barrier for them- that they, too, can become president if they try hard enough.

8 Likes

Wearing ten dollar masks is better than nothing. Voting is better than nothing.

We need to be spending billions of dollars, or the equivalent, to find a safe and effective vaccine for vast, uncontrolled political corruption. We must not accept any such vaccine that isn’t actually safe or that isn’t effective. We should be working on 120 vaccines at once. If we don’t find those vaccines, perhaps we shall die.

I’m willing to say pretty much the same about climate change.

Let’s start with, “Where’s the political pressure for the vaccine?”

2 Likes

If there is a god, SHE will make sure he spends the rest of his life in prison - and broke.

Yep, this episode summarizes everything that is Donald J. Trump (and his supporters)

7 Likes

Let’s be honest, Mr. Trump is going to spend the rest of his life on psych meds. They might give him a chair that buzzes loudly whenever he tries to get up off of it. They won’t be able to jail him for tax fraud if he’s all drugged up all the time - his lawyers will fight that.

5 Likes

I tend to agree. Knowing that the rest of the Trump men all died in their 70’s or earlier, with each one suffering some sort of dementia, I think the Donald, same or insane, will see the inside of a casket long before he sees the inside of a courtroom.

Oh, and happy holidays everyone!

6 Likes

Unfortunately Kamala Harris, that shining inspiration to young girls and minorities, has not spoken out in favor of sending $2,000 checks to the working class and the poor much less doubling that amount which Trump has suggested instead of the Democrats paltry $600 per person.

8 Likes

I’m afraid that Harris has already boarded the “nothing will fundamentally change” train.
In truth, she is probably the conductor.

15 Likes

Well, maybe that chair will develop a nasty short

3 Likes

Golf isn’t all that much fun, you know. He only hits the links so energetically today in order to push everyone’s nose in the pile of crap he’s made of USA. Sadist-in-Chief, hard at work with his clubs, out there. The beatings will continue until morale improves.

My beloved guru WRP, on unmasked orange minions raiding an Arizona Target:

In their eyes, they are patriots flinging themselves upon the gears of authoritarianism as represented by flimsy pieces of medical equipment. In truth, they are the living nightmare of every minimum wage retail worker who did not sign up to be the mask police in the face of aggressive right-wing ignorance, any more than they signed up to get sick and maybe die as a reward for coming to work in the first place. This kind of nonsense is happening nationwide, and while it certainly is not everybody doing it, it is enough to serve as continued grist for the COVID mill.

~https://truthout.org/articles/on-christmas-lets-reach-for-hope-in-this-dark-winter/

Grist for the COVID mill. We’re elected, we win: such prime international viral prey, here in USA. With the Christmas holiday we see a resurgence of panic over mutated variants. Mutation never stops, you know. And it works most quickly where it has luxurious accommodations and plenty of comorbidities. Places like San Quentin State Prison, across the Bay from me. New, more contagious mutations could be, and probably are, originating over there. Nobody’s checking. We’re too busy killing inmates, here in California.

5 Likes

You said it better than I was going to. Right on. Trump is emphasizing who’s boss.

3 Likes