Home | About | Donate

'Shameful': With Millions on Brink of Famine in Yemen, Trump Vetoes Resolution to End US Complicity

'Shameful': With Millions on Brink of Famine in Yemen, Trump Vetoes Resolution to End US Complicity

Jake Johnson, staff writer

President Donald Trump decided late Tuesday to continue America's complicity in the world's worst humanitarian crisis by vetoing the historic Yemen War Powers resolution.

"With Trump's veto of Bernie Sanders' and my War Powers resolution, he is risking the lives of millions of Yemeni civilians to famine, deadly airstrikes, and the war crimes of the Saudi regime."
—Rep. Ro Khanna

1 Like

So America soldiers will continue to fight for the King of Saudi Arabia. I can understand Commander Bone Spurs position, greed is everything to him. But Mike Pompeo, didn’t you attend West Point? Is your honor gathering dust at some pawn shop? Did you keep the ticket?

2 Likes

Trump is clearly mentally at risk. America deserves a thorough psychological evaluation to prove he’s still fit for office, his words and actions say otherwise.

3 Likes

This will be the last you see or hear of it. Most Americans don’t even know where Yemen is, nor do they care.
Years from now, most of us will resemble the people of Germany that, after the end of the war, they stood there looking at their destroyed country, jaws slack and agape, repeating the same thing,
How did this happen?

3 Likes

CD: Be careful reporting on US war crimes and crimes against humanity… the black SUVs with extra dark windows will be at your door! Genocide is an easy multi-trillion dollar sop for the soulless politicians and MICC.

6 Likes

So Trump gives the reason that quitting Yemen now would put our American soldiers at risk. But wait a minute, how did we get our people there? I thought that the Saudis were providing all the labor and the US was only selling arms. What gives?
I hope the veto is overridden!!

1 Like

How lonely must it be to be so disconnected to the rest of humanity? The pathology that ensues threatens all Life on Earth. My mind goes to the opening scenes of 2001: A Space Odyssey.

2 Likes

Just another brick in the “wall”:

Overridden by whom? (Rhetorical)

Ro Khanna has asked Congress to vote to override his veto. Yeah, it is a long shot.

1 Like

honor, what honor? honor and pompeo do not belong in the same sentence, along with trump and his cabal of un-honorable miscreants! it’s amazing how high shit can be piled up.

4 Likes

The bronze statues on the church corners were taken down three days before the fire for repair…just saying.

1 Like

"Get The Bone Saws Out Folks. We Need To Make A Road Trip To D.C."

1 Like

Trump is the enemy of the people. Meanwhile, the Aggressive Prgressives, lead by comedian Jimmy Dore continue to ignore Trump and recently posted a video claiming Democrats were fascists. Trump and his cabinet are the Enemy folks. They need to be stopped and removed frompower. It would be nice if all the opponents of the fascist in the White House could focus on that goal.

Don’t the Rothschilds control Franceand aren’t they allied with Saudi Arabia since the end of WW 1 ? And wasn’t Saudi Arabia’s alliance a necessary condition for the creation of Israel?

1 Like

This is a wake up call to the entire world. Who in the hell gave Trump the constitutional authority to go to war in the first place? America is now under the control of a very dangerous and lawless dictator who is entirely controlled by the Saudis’, israHell and our welfare MIC. Congress MUST override this tinfoil capped dictators veto and begin impeachment proceedings ASAP. The entire government must be buried in the swamp muck that created it.

3 Likes

Shameful. I am sure the Christian right will be horrified and will call him out…

1 Like

France is not the only European Country making arms deals with the Saudis. Germany’s economy is booming partly because they deliver high tech precision tanks en masse to SA. And I really deluded myself for a while there that given Germany’s history that they had learned. Capitalism knows no mercy, knows no morals…

2 Likes

Wrong! Jimmy Dore goes after Dumbf a LOT; however, he says (paraphrasing) that everyone else is covering Dumbf all the time so he has to expose Dumbf’s enablers.

1 Like

If Congress fails to override this veto, it will put the stamp of approval on the Imperial Presidency shredding the Constitution in the process. Talk about a crisis.

2 Likes