Home | About | Donate

She's the Poster Child for the GOP's Estate Tax Repeal, But Her Sad Family Saga Doesn't Add Up

She's the Poster Child for the GOP's Estate Tax Repeal, But Her Sad Family Saga Doesn't Add Up

Chuck Collins

Kristi Noem makes the case that the estate tax hurts farmers based on the tragic death of her father. Her story, however, does not line up with the tax code.

Oops.

Yes, we always need to ask for actual numbers. Maybe she took a student loan, but that would be another side of the story, wouldn’t it?

Kristi Noem is either a liar, stupid, or both.

I’m going to go with C.

Did any Congressional Democrats speak out on the floor or in committee regarding this bs?

Dear God in Heaven, the Truth (reveals and) Prevails – as always.

Given that Kristi Noem is now the national face for estate tax repeal, it would be reasonable to ask these simple questions:

Why did your family not use the spousal exemption to pass along assets . . . and avoid any estate taxes?

Did you actually get a bill from the IRS? Please show evidence of this bill and the date (redacting out any personal financial information).

Did you actually get a loan from a 3rd party to pay the taxes & from where?

If the government is so tyrannical, why has your family cashed over $3.7 million in taxpayer funded farm subsidy checks since 1995?

Lies, Lies: Putting on Acts after Acts after Acts (based on Soulless Ideologies and pre-written Scripts).

Their hero, Ayn Rand: the individual should ‘exist for his own sake, neither sacrificing himself to others nor sacrificing others to himself.’

Luke 16:11-13
11 Therefore if you have not been faithful in the unrighteous mammon, who will commit to your trust the true riches? 12 And if you have not been faithful in what is another man’s, who will give you what is your own?

13 “No servant can serve two masters; for either he will hate the one and love the other, or else he will be loyal to the one and despise the other. You cannot serve God and mammon.”

One other question: Why did 21-year-old Kristi have to be the one who went out to get a loan to pay off the taxes; why wasn’t her mother the one to do it? And as the author brought out – her mother wouldn’t have even had to bother!

And finally, she did not ’choose’ … she chose, obviously going to college was a waste of time in her case.

Good questions Chuck. If the US media were not sold-out corporate propagandists, and if the US political parties were not sold-out corporate prostitutes, these questions would actually be asked, on national media, and in Congress.

Swimming in seas of lies and distractions, we need to keep our eyes on the real prize: justice, fairness, ecology.

We need to END the corporation as it exists: greed-fueled, limited-liability, investor-owned zombies, tools of the looting class, monopolizing all profits and “externalizing” all costs.

We need to END the looting class: take away “their” ill-gotten wealth, and create an economy that works for people and the earth, not for “corporate persons” and the looting class.

The woman is being called a phony and a liar, pretty much. And, another farmer/rancher welfare mooch, to boot. If the cowboy boot fits…She fell into the farm’s manure pit ( of easy money ) and liked it. She’s not alone in that regard in The Heartland.
Why is it that you know a farmer/rancher isn’t happy unless their complaining about the Federal Gov’t?

There is an artificial aristocracy, founded on wealth and birth, without either virtue or talents this artificial aristocracy is a mischievous ingredient in government, and provision should be made to prevent its ascendency. Thomas Jefferson
That provision is called the inheritance tax

That’s why they only bury farmers/ranchers 3 feet deep.

And you are surprised that a Republican is lying? For how long has your head been buried in the sand? Today, another GOP, this time a congressional spokesman, came out in USA Today, saying he could no longer support his party. He joins an ever-longer list of Republicans who are finally putting America First over Delusional Don, the kingpin of the traitor to the truth party. And I’m writing as one who has often voted GOP in the past. Now, I wonder if most Republican office holders have any principles at all.

I’ll go with A. I’ll go as far as to say that she has been carefully coached in her lies.

Right wing extremists like this woman (and the whole State of S Dakota save for the Sioux Peoples who live there - there no S. Dakotans like George McGovern anymore) lie so reflexively that they dont even know they are doing it. The IRS sent her a bill in the mail?? Bull f-ing shit!

And then there is that breathtaking fact that she is a multi-millionare on the Dept. of Agriculture’s taxpayer funded largess - paying her not to grow food. WTF???

A lily-white state dependent on commodities and corporate welfare. The county next door to mine has significantly more people than the entire state.

It’ll be a Republican stronghold until the effects of climate change choke out its life.

Well, shut mah mouf! Another republican revealed to have problems with honesty. Ah do declare that it seems to be an epidemic. Alert the CDC!

You can always tell when a politician is lying–her lips are moving.

Are there any honest and decent people in South Dakota other than the people of the Standing Rock Sioux? I think this is a fair question given what reliable and honest press reporting coming out of the state (i.e. as from the likes of Democracy Now or the Green Party). Is the state so overflowing with white scum? Is the state’s population still of the old Wild West culture that believed that “the only good injun is a dead injun”?

She is the poster child of outright lies and then double down on these lies. But why not? The media does not dispute and there is no accountability of lies that has been shown over and over during the last 40 years.

No accountability for lying. Oh, Clinton was impeached for lying under oath. Hum?
Where are the fricken democrats? We need to be storming media centers and demanding that the dems be heard. By we I mean these politicians in house and Senate which numbers 47/48 dem senators and couple hundred plus of house reps. Demand that you be heard.

So true! :thinking::hugs: