Home | About | Donate

Showing 76% of Coney Barrett Rulings Put Corporate Interests Over People, Analysis Warns Confirmation Would 'Supercharge' GOP Agenda

Originally published at http://www.commondreams.org/news/2020/09/29/showing-76-coney-barrett-rulings-put-corporate-interests-over-people-analysis-warns

3 Likes

Wow, when you look at that rigid, vicious face, the grim mouth, the Michelle Bachman eyes of this fascist Barrett, you see a mirror of her brutal judicial rulings and theology.
This woman should be the one playing Nurse Ratched.
She should not be on any court anywhere.
A dangerous looney with the face and soul of a serial killer.
The good news is that she has repeatedly insulted Justice Roberts, and he is known for being vengeful.

10 Likes

On Hartmanns show today he got into papers she has written in the past questioning the legitimacy of the 13th, 14th, 15th Amendments of the Constitution!

That’s some twisted schit

8 Likes

GATS and TISA requiree we put corporations in front of inputs yes (people are now inputs, or markets, which cant be devalued)

What about democracy? Governments can do anything as long as it is consistent with GATS.

2 Likes

We should question any amendment that legitimizes slavery. We should get6 rid of it completely. In ten or fifteen years after our good jobs have been traded off when half of the country is working on huge state sized prisons because they got sick while poor, and the other half soon will be, we’ll wish we had but so many being felons and unable to vote we wont be able to.

2 Likes

BINGO!

5 Likes

Well, of course. The Dishonorable Coney Barrett made her tacit, unwritten deal with the devil on Wall Street decades ago. These were the terms of the deal: Coney Barrett is pledged to enable all manner of corporate predation on US people, and Wall Street is pledged to look the other way when Coney Barrett and her Talibangelical colleagues declare that Sharia law and witch-burnings are constitutional.

3 Likes

I like that word.

3 Likes

dangerous loony. they all are. they consider themselves to be on some kind of mission but that mission is a very twisted one that would be the oppsite of what Jesus wanted. he wanted to heal the sick, these neoliberals want to take every last penny from the sick at their most vulnerable moment.

And trade their jobs away to rich peoples kids from a belt of dictatorships that are all very corrupt.

This is all while we should be happily taking advantage of huge improvements in technology that make it possible for people to have lots more free time, and fairly soon, people wont have to work. That just terrifies them.

4 Likes

Where is Randle Patrick McMurphy when you need him? ^https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Randle_McMurphy

^https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EYDP3nBh_E4

1 Like

he just received his lobotomy, I’m afraid.

2 Likes

Good grief, how terrifying. I suspect you are right. He was probably lobotomized under some obscure provision of the General Agreement on Tariffs and Trade.

1 Like

Indeed, after the publication of that book its author undertook a journey to receive some kind of award.

2 Likes

Perhaps under GATS in some foreign country, since he was a charity case, I’m sure.

1 Like

My dear friend, I am thinking these all at mad!

The Supreme Court ruled in favor of corporations over people when they passed; 1) Ctizens United, 2) Affordable Care Act.

1 Like

There is definitely a conflict of law there, though, because the ACA violates an important standstill that the US pushed a lot. Its called the Understanding on Commitments in Financial Services.

Yes! We need him to be un-lobotomized and turned loose on our government goons.
I also am working on getting DNA from DeNiro so we can clone Travis Bickle, no friend of politicians, and turn him loose too.
~~https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ak3ma7wtE_0

1 Like

since both parties nominate corporate hacks to protect the interests of their corporate and wealthy donors, it is hardly surprising that she is a corporate hack, and a symptom of the disease affecting our very futures–capitalism and the business plan that ends with the 6th Great Extinction–now in progress in YOUR neighborhood

the truth is SCOTUS has long since been captured by the corporate oligarchy and will never provide the kind of justice that would relieve us from the burdens imposed on us by the capitalists and their willing tools–the members of our major political parties

1 Like

It’s a given, of course, that Barret would be a corporate tool. She also is a tool of the right’s culture wars. She belongs to People of Praise, a lunatic fringe Catholic group that requires its members to take oaths of allegiance and requires the women to be completely subservient to their husbands and the other men in the group in all things. They even called the women “handmaids” until the TV show made that term a too obvious description of vicious patriarchy.

1 Like