Home | About | Donate

Shunned by Entertainers and Dems, Trump Inauguration Flooded With Corporate Cash

Shunned by Entertainers and Dems, Trump Inauguration Flooded With Corporate Cash

Nika Knight, staff writer

While President-elect Donald Trump's inauguration is facing opposition from Democrats, civil society, and entertainers as the president-elect deals with the disapproval from much of the country, corporate America is outpacing historical records w

The money will go to extravagant fees payable to the Trump properties where events will be held. The Trump family feeding frenzy on America begins...

I'm sure all that extra cash will be put toward helping the poor, strengthening the middle class,, expanding healthcare services and taking care of our senior citizens.... (Sarcasm... :-/ )

Of course the rich are donating to Senior Trumpazee. He and the Repugs are going to give them a huge tax break at the expense of everyone else.

While President-elect Donald Trump's inauguration is facing opposition from Democrats, civil society, and entertainers as the president-elect deals with the disapproval from much of the country, corporate America is outpacing historical records with a flood of private money to fund the inaugural celebrations.

Donald Trump is just more open about it as shown by his cabinet picks. It has been this way for since the beginning of this nation, reigned in in the 30's and held somewhat at arms lengths but behind closed doors much going on between are elected officials and corporations.

It is in your face now!

Maybe not in everyones in "in your face" but for those of us that search out news elsewhere than lamestreet media. Trump supporters probably here much of nothing excep rah! rah! rah!

I thing they're using all that cash to plug up the swamp drain.

I feel compelled to point out that Barack Obamas two inaugurations were shameless homages to capitalism as well.
Perhaps a harbinger of things to come......

The Repugs just love that he's a business man. "He's going to run it like a business", (for profit). They have no idea what they're talking about but they will argue with you about it. I got that mess all weekend.

Casper...No, you're not worthy.
Talk about a fuck up....
Sorry but if you refused to vote for Hillary..you are responsible for helping trump win and you did it by not listening to Bernie.
'Third-party candidates took solid portions of the vote in a handful of key swing states, leaving some too close to call for hours by collectively outnumbering the votes that gave Republican Donald Trump a thin lead.'
I do, and always will...blame you.

Damn straight and that's how we got here. Independents are scum you know.
They think we just can't make up our minds. lol

Ugh..you guys will never get it.

Well they had better watch the books VERY carefully - because we all know where that money will be going if they don't !!!!!

Exactly. That's the saddest thought: where all the waste and extravagance, from militarism to bribery, could be spent.

Maybe they could get Roger Waters to perform -- he could sing "The Fletcher Memorial Home."

Seriously, why does anyone think that those now in power care what they think? What are you going to do? Angrily sign a petition? We went over that hill, and we now enter the era where no one in power is even going to pretend to care about what you think. Why should they?

By the end of this, people will no longer pretend that there is such a thing as "democracy" or "representative government" in this country. Why? Because the bottom line is survival. We considered waging a revolution, but couldn't get enough time off from work -- and few can risk losing their jobs. Jobs are still scarce, and there's nothing to fall back on today. We will comply because we see no viable choice.

If you thought H. Clinton was an option -- in spite of her own record -- you are responsible.

Reality: The gods of US politics stuck us with two candidates who were deeply opposed by much of their own voting bases. The election could have gone either way. Because the choices were so appalling, roughly half of all voters voted third party or withheld their votes. This time, they saw no "lesser of the evils," in spite of your opinion. In the end, Clinton won the majority of the popular vote, Trump won the Electoral College vote, and that's what we're facing.

Of course he's going to pocket the extra cash. The looting has begun. I still stick to my prediction he won't last through to the end of the year before impeachment or he just quits.

Gilding the swamp lily