Home | About | Donate

'Sick, Dystopian Stuff': Former Trump Adviser Kelly Joins Board of Company Running Immigrant Detention Centers

'Sick, Dystopian Stuff': Former Trump Adviser Kelly Joins Board of Company Running Immigrant Detention Centers

Julia Conley, staff writer

In what one critic deemed a "nauseating example of the revolving door" through which powerful political players often move in and out of the private sector, former White House Chief of Staff John Kelly joined the board of a company which owns some of the largest detention centers for unaccompanied children who cross the U.S.-Mexico border.

2 Likes

Speaking of empty barrels.

3 Likes

Nothing unusual to see here, move on. No shortage of half baked sick f—s.

2 Likes

These dirt bags keep coming. No surprise. Let them occupy their posts until the Mother of Dragons calls upon her 3 kids and burns every last stinking one of them.

4 Likes

Wait. Wasn’t it John Kelly who called Trump an “idiot”? There are all kinds of insults, Johnny Boy. Taking a big salary while contributing to human suffering is not being an idiot so much as being a real asshole. Just another example of Trumpo the Klown’s “best people” - describing this Orange Pustule for what he really is after either being fired or resigning in disgust.
BTW, it was Rex Tillerson or as Stephen Colbert called him, “Tex Drillerson”, who called Trumpo the Klown a “fucking moron”.

3 Likes

Well, I never thought much of Kelly from the start and I definitely didn’t buy into the “adult-in-the-room” claims, usually from group think media. Still, I wouldn’t have thought Kelly could go this low. I’m trying to make up my mind whether I am really surprised. I’ll call it a “kinda surprise.” One of the few kinda surprises left from an administration (former) member which could hardly surprise anyone anymore in terms of bottom of a bottomless barrel opportunities.

4 Likes

Our current from of government has lost any notion of civility and must be abolished from this country.

4 Likes

Immigration detention is a racket. No surprise that this hog ran and stuck his head in the trough.

5 Likes

Why did I deceive myself and think for a while that he was “better” than the rest?? Now I cannot even remember. In my wildest dreams he will “do something” about the detention. I’m not holding my breath.

2 Likes

Yeah, but how?

5 Likes

Maybe Kelly and Matthis did a public service by showing everyone that having “general” in front of your name and fruit salad on your chest just means you are neocon piece of crap that will gladly sacrifice young people, even your own sons and daughters, for Wall Street. “Thank you for your service” my ass.

8 Likes

“All life is a blur of Republicans and meat.”
Cartoonist Bill Griffth, circa 1979.

1 Like

It’s really quite sad to see how far this man has fallen.

As long as they get the big bucks they don’t care how or where they have fallen. Trump knows how to pick’em.

1 Like

Why are we calling them ‘detention centers’ ? These are forced labor camps for children! That’s the sick and frightening part of it and belongs in the category of human trafficking which is a $150 billion illegal global industry. All of this is so much more sinister than we are made to believe…

1 Like

Oh Jim-bob-boy, we expected better from you. But then it hit me, you’re a Republican.

1 Like

Once again the story reports on a commonplace, almost daily, event, as if it is some sort of shocking surprise. Staff and officials have been going from corporations and into office and back into corporations for decades. The prison industry has been in the process of privatization for decades, getting worse daily. Our government has become an amoral enterprise serving only the wealthiest corporations and a handful of billionaires, a trend going back decades. Fascism has all but completely replaced representative government, a trend going back decades.
Police are openly murdering blacks on camera without consequence to themselves. Children as young as 4 years old are being torn ,crying, away from their mothers, imprisoned without charges, being denied visitation with their parents or even pone calls, or the knowledge of where they or their parents are, and held like that for months sometimes years - often being abused and even molested along the way. millions are being slaughtered in other countries in illegal invasions lasting multiple decades to get oil for corporations, and tens of trillions of dollars are being spent of taxpayers money for this purpose. Elections are being rigged. The environment is being poisoned and destroyed making human life itself nearly impossible, going forward. Hate rules the day and greed. and this story says we have a single case of “Dystopian stuff”. Ho hum, just another day in paradise.

3 Likes

And you don’t think a democrat would do the same thing? If not, you are living in a dream world. Some people have no moral compass and that goes for people on both sides of the aisle.

I want to start seeing stories framed more like this.

“Remarkably, a single case of actual justice came from the US Justice department in the last 19 years”

or,

“Studies find only 5 congressmen in US congress, out of 535, representing the people in their districts”

or,

“Not a single case of US Constitutional compliance noted for last 15 years of US governmental activity”

or,

“US terrorist troops massacred hundreds more children this year than last year”

2 Likes

Having “no moral compass” is pretty much a prerequisite for politics. If a person enters office in possession of said compass (rare enough), he or she will not retain it for long.