Home | About | Donate

'Sickening': With So-Called 'Voluntary' Deportation, Trump's DHS Using Children as Bait to Expel Immigrants


#1

'Sickening': With So-Called 'Voluntary' Deportation, Trump's DHS Using Children as Bait to Expel Immigrants

Julia Conley, staff writer

After outraging Americans and the international community by holding thousands of children hostage in an effort to push through President Donald Trump's hard-line immigration policy, the Trump administration is again using children who have been taken from their parents as pawns—to get detained immigrants to agree to their own deportations and drop their asylum cases.


#2

Another massive fraud perpetrated on the most vulnerable immigrant population.

Teaching the young Hatred and Lies is Criminal.

Can we all agree that the opposite of Hate is Love?

And the opposite of Trump’s administration is, Sanity.


#3

These people will return to Countries where the US Government has trained the Militaries in “Counter insurgency” methods at the School of the Americas, this training consiting of murder, rape and torture as policy. They will return to Countries armed by the US Government , one where despots sponsored in Coups by the same US Government have slaughtered hundreds of thousands and make war on the poor to ensure the Corporations have free access o all those resources so the monies can flow back to the United States of America.

Those Corporations that plunder and loot these Countries have people working for them in the United States of America that earn salaries that allow them to buy homes and cars and things these poor people can only dream of.

Yet the Government of the United States of America and the right wing xenophobes that support them like to proclaim they are NOT responsible for any of this and that The USA should be for “Americans”. They claim these poor people as parasites and thieves even as the US Government steals and plunders and murders. It is pathetic.


#4

Traditional Christian Family Values showing their true colors.


#5

presenting this possibility to parents who have been put through a traumatizing ordeal, is akin to kidnapping children and then using them as bait to get immigrants out of the country.

Sure looks that way given that Trump’s morality has been vitiated by bigotry.


#6

Here’s few more tidbits of information:

This one is pretty interesting as the media keep saying 2000 children were separated from their families. Turn out that os not entirely accurate.

“As of June 20th HHS has 2,053 separated minors being cared for in HHS funded facilities, and is working with relevant agency partners to foster communications and work towards reuniting every minor and every parent or guardian via well-established reunification processes. Currently only 17% of minors in HHS funded facilities were placed there as a result of Zero Tolerance enforcement, and the remaining 83% percent arrived to the United States without a parent or guardian.”

The CD article does partially quote this but stops short of the second sentence.

" A parent who is ordered removed from the U.S. may request that his or her minor child accompany them. It should be noted that in the past many parents have elected to be removed without their children."


#7

It boggles the mind how Trump can deliver an evermore debased, immoral, illegal and vindictive action day after day after day. I really have a hard time processing it. I’ve really never seen anything as inhumane and thoughtless (literally) as what this guy does and is. It makes one want to just cry for the victims and scream at the outrage!


#8

Holding children as ransom? Kidnappers? In our name. What a guilt trip to be laid down at our feet. The anxiety and shame is, at times, overwhelming. I am not a terrorist, this is not me or us. This must not be normalized like so much of what has happened since 1/20/17. None of this is normal.


#9

I nearly gave you an up vote. Acting like this started on 1/20/2017 is truly apathy.

Barak Obama did it with night raids for much of his term. Trump only started doing it in the daylight.

It’s wrong whether a Dem or Rep does it. Quit voting for either. Voting for them is normalizing it.


#10

Good post and thank you. Now please join the D.S. of A. I hope you read my post under the Schumer/Pelosi article.