Home | About | Donate

'Silence Is Not Acceptable': Indigenous Youth Demand Clinton Take Stand on DAPL

'Silence Is Not Acceptable': Indigenous Youth Demand Clinton Take Stand on DAPL

Deirdre Fulton, staff writer

While water protectors faced off against militarized police in North Dakota on Thursday, Indigenous young people from the Standing Rock Sioux and other tribes traveled to Democratic presidential nominee Hillary Clinton's campaign headquarters in New York City to demand she break her silence on the Dakota Access Pipeline (DAPL).

I predict that Hillary will continue to ignore these water protectors until they come up with her $250,000 speaking fee.

And then she'll give them her "public position" as hashed out and prepared in an email exchange between her campaign image form-ers. And then she'll go quietly to her donors in the fossil fuel industry and the banks that fund them and reassure them of her "private position".

You Rock Native Youth!!! Thanks for standing, running, sitting and speaking out and up for our Earth and all our futures. When I see and read about your activism, I feel hope.

With labor strongly supporting construction of this project Hillary is not in a good spot politically. I would guess her campaign believes environmentalists have no place to go but to vote for her but construction workers and other voters considered to be part of the working class could vote for Trump. Remaining silent may be her best option with less than two weeks until election and early voting now taking place. If she takes a position against the pipeline a lot of voters in critical states are going to be very angry at her.

Silence is not only not acceptable; the silence of the MSM, Obama, Hillary, Trump, the Koch brothers and all the rest that are nothing more than sycophants for big oil is a crime!

Clinton will get back to us once her Wall Street backers have told her what her position is.

"If she takes a position against the pipeline a lot of voters in critical states are going to be very angry at her."

This is much in keeping with the primary reason I can't vote for Hillary: it seems her positions are entirely the result of political calculation; a personal stance, as far as I can tell, is never evident. That is why she is not seen by me or millions of others as honest or trustworthy.

I am shocked that the Hillary Clinton staff would allegedly not accept a letter from these dedicated Standing Rock Sioux young people. They participated in a run, to DC, etc. They are serious. How tactless to rebuff them. I hope this is a rumor. I left a message on the Democratic Party office in Brooklyn. I returned from the camp there in N.D, which was a good experience, though the surveillance planes kept me awake at night.

Without having to vote red or blue in any election of the past quarter century, this environmentalist has always found "somewhere to go".

Can you say GREEN in 16 ?

While Hillary and hubby posture to "feel our pain"

They and their class mates literally fuel it.

I hope you don't live in a swing state.

The Sierra Club, which claims to have more than a million supporters, is backing Clinton. It is also asking Obama to reject this pipeline.

Al Gore and Jesse Jackson have turned up to lend their support. i.e. Get ready for a grand pre-election gesture from Hillary; to be reneged on after the election. I'm predicting some misspeaks and misrememberings

Here is a statement from a Clinton campaign spokesperson. Clinton seems to be sticking to a balanced position. I don't expect her to change her position during the campaign.

"From the beginning of this campaign, Secretary Clinton has been clear that she thinks all voices should be heard and all views considered in federal infrastructure projects," "Now, all of the parties involved — including the federal government, the pipeline company and contractors, the state of North Dakota, and the tribes — need to find a path forward that serves the broadest public interest," "As that happens, it's important that on the ground in North Dakota, everyone respects demonstrators' rights to protest peacefully, and workers' rights to do their jobs safely."

I have to say, New Jersey is the subject of a lot of jokes. Which it probably does not deserve.

Yep, New Jersey isn't a swing state. But considering the people of New Jersey elected Chris Christe as governor it does raise some questions about how blue New Jersey really is.

The tactless nature of the Red Witch of the West and her cronies knows no limits.

Fulton sez: "The Clinton campaign reportedly refused to accept their letter."

Perhaps they could instead identify themselves as AIPAC youth ...

Tks for that. I don't know what I was thinking.

Yeah,don't they realize they need to pay to play

Aint that the awful truth?