Home | About | Donate

'Simply Barbaric': Trump Administration Proposes Charging Asylum Fee for Refugees Fleeing Violence and Poverty

Originally published at http://www.commondreams.org/news/2019/11/10/simply-barbaric-trump-administration-proposes-charging-asylum-fee-refugees-fleeing

1 Like

The despicable, soul-less place this country has become…
(I couldn’t even finish the sentence. Or maybe that was enough.))

8 Likes

Chase and Wells Fargo can issue the asylum seekers credit cards, 28% interest.
The Capitalist system at its finest

4 Likes

No doubt at the borders Trump-branded bordelos will emerge with perpetual “Help Wanted” signs in the windows.

3 Likes

Admission tickets for your cages. Soon available at any US ICE government booth. We’ll strip you of your dignity at entry.
Amerika, you sank so deep…

7 Likes

I understand the need to flee…I feel the same.

6 Likes

The Statue of Liberty is like a sign on the highway for a motel that burned down 20 years ago.

7 Likes

Excellent analogy!

2 Likes

Sadism as state policy. He’s appealing to his base.

3 Likes

Well there’s this too

2 Likes

True… and the Statue of Liberty needs to be made over with tears running down her cheeks.

2 Likes

Evil travels in packs apparently, wondering how they photoshopped Jeffery Epstein out of the picture.

2 Likes

The four horsemen of the apocalypse?

3 Likes

The trump regime is as depraved and utterly lacking in common decency and empathy as any, and the most in recent US history, with trump and the likes of steven miller examples of the rotten stench pervading the WH.

What if the roles were reversed? What if Mexico became a refuge (more than it is) for Americanos? Would some future capitalist prez feel and act differently or is it only the trump regime of depraved scum who are so racist and devoid of common humanity and empathy?

The welcome given Americans showing respect to the cultures and peoples in Latin America has been large, as I witnessed traveling cheap thru some.

The truth is obama also deported Mexicanos and other Latinx refugees fleeing what the US right-wing training and arming created. The US history of supporting, training, arming right-wing death squads and installing “friendly” - AKA vicious rightist dictators as well as deposing democratic-left leaders “we” and (United Fruit) didn’t like. That long very ugly history of subverting civil societies all over Central and South America led directly to the violent oppression and legacy of gang violence and brutality in many countries/communities - that and Climate Change, rain patterns changing led to refugees seeking help and escape from natural and un-natural realities.

What if the roles were reversed?? We have met the enemy and he certainly is us via this hideous corrupt evil regime and the ugly Americans in the WH!!

2 Likes

Some of my relatives left Amerika a long time ago and it looks like they were prescient…to say the least!

Latest reports show the US/ICE has lost track of approx. 1.500 immigrant children last year. The world wide human trafficking industry is worth $150 billion annually. It is so much more sinister than our minds allow us to imagine…

3 Likes

No…but close: The four horses’ ASSES of the Apocalypse!
(Less a couple hundred more at least!)

2 Likes

Our country sinks to a new low. How shameful! The USA is no more!

3 Likes

Boy-O-Boy if there were a way for me to get to Scotland you’d see my dust. Your relatives were very wise indeed.

That story is so under the radar and it should be headline material, it’s heartbreaking to see us hide from it. Shame.

3 Likes