Home | About | Donate

SinclairBroadcasting Airs Allied Progress Ad - Between Attacks on the Group

SinclairBroadcasting Airs Allied Progress Ad - Between Attacks on the Group

Common Dreams staff

Sinclair Broadcast Group has agreed to air a commercial from a progressive watchdog that’s critical of the broadcaster’s actions.

But Allied Progress called foul Sunday.

Call the FCC at 202-418-1000, and give them a piece of your mind.

It took me only 30 seconds.

I hear and I obey…

Just did too–apparently they are getting a lot of calls:-).:joy:

Thanks WiseOwl.

Thanks Giovanna.

Recall the saying (author unclear - misattributed to Gandhi) “first they ignore you, then they ridicule you, then they fight you, then you win.”

This would indicate that we are already in Phase 3 of the struggle. We need to realize that…

Wow, no sexual harassment of sexy women allowed on TV shows in those days!

As a kid I always liked Maryanne better…

‘1984’ was not fiction. It was a warning…

The US will have its whole network of Pravda disinformation reaching its tentacles throughout the land of dreams dashed on the shores of hope. I really thought I’d be dead before what is happening now. The country being taken over by wealth that can now buy as much power as they want with well placed TV spots. That’s why they own the networks, to control the flows of misinformation. It really won’t be too different than now except changing the channel does nothing except exercise the thumb. Big brother run by religious zealots. I wonder If Orwell thought that added wrinkle would be part of the mix?

Absolutely. We still have a free press but now we can see clearly what life in America would be like without it. And, some newspapers are rebelling against their owners.

At times, I think we go toe-to-toe on environmental issues. On this we can agree, MARY ANN!

I called and also went to their website, note of caution, when you vote on their website, it sends you to their Facebook page. Not too happy about that.

1984 was prophecy.

Call the FCC! Tell them to stop the merger!

Pfft! 'Cause they cared so much when the majority of the country asked them not to repeal net neutrality…

Those who work for Sinclair stations who don’t like being told what to say by the Sinclair news fakers should stage a mass walk out. I know they are risking their jobs but time to show some courage and stop this BS in its tracks.

I suspect that there has already been an ideological “weeding out” of their on-air personnel. Don’t hold your breath waiting for a walkout there.

Judging by the reaction so far, I don’t think the “weeding out” has fully taken place. Sounds like there are plenty of news people who don’t agree with Spinclair, but might be afraid to voice their views for fear of losing their jobs. Time for ethics and morality to beat out economics. And other media companies who say they believe in a free press should be ready to hire anyone who is canned for expressing their opposition to Spinclair’s dictates.

I suppose my opinion is colored by the fact that our local TV station has been a test bed for SBC’s efforts for many years now. The on-air personalities here wouldn’t say shit, even if they had a mouthful.

Sinclair (or any other media) only exist because of the viewers. Enough said.