Home | About | Donate

Six Big Losers in Our 'Booming' Economy

Six Big Losers in Our 'Booming' Economy

Paul Buchheit

The Dow Jones Industrial Average skyrocketed from 25,000 to 26,000 in just seven trading days, prompting Donald Trump to bluster, "Our economy is booming, investments and jobs are pouring back into the country...We ARE Making America Great Again." Certainly the richest 1% are feeling great.

I’m 71 yrs old, and my advice to anyone with some education and/or expertise is to research another country and move now. It isn’t going to get any better and probably will continue to get worse. For those hoping for the magical 2018 “wave” to bring the savior Democrats back to power, good fucking luck. In 2020 you will have idiots like Joe Manchin , Tim Kaine, Kirstin Gillibrand, Cory Booker and John Hickenlooper running for President. You can bet they won’t be on YOUR side. God only knows what fucking morons will be running in the primary against Trump, ;but I’ll leave that to your imaginations.

Ms. Scully, I’m a couple of years older than you and HAVE researched emigrating to other countries. It’s pitifully difficult, unless you go to South or Central America. England, Ireland, Canada, Australia --> they have national health care, but impossibly high barriers to becoming a resident, especially if one is old and will need that health care [that one hasn’t paid into over years of taxes. Seems fair.]

It’s quite a discouraging exercise to try to figure out to which country one can flee

"How can FBI Deputy Director McCabe and James Comey of Hillary Clinton investigation (including 33,000 deleted emails), be given $700 Grand for wife’s campaign by Clinton Puppets during investigation?"
I don’t know, peeResident Shithole. What kind of question is that to ask? Ask yourself, someday?
Did I say Pee-Resident Shithole? I’m meant “Donald J Trump,” sorry, will not happen again.

Well, are YOU moving to another country?

MAGA

Make Another Gilded Age

better do it before the wall goes up

Good point except people will not want to jump to the other side of the Wall unlike the Berlin one.

Exactly, the dummy in chief is shouting about the one per cent basically being pulled by the Koch puppet masters.

It is my greatest regret to inform you, mealouts and folk,
a major nuclear bombardment in Mexico is planned.
Nearest, Texan/Arizonan travel check point abandoned land.
Trump’s whim wall is actually our Military move to control territory.
World War III has commenced.

This deserves to be shared more.

"How the other half lives"
Jacob Riis, statistics bearing on
the Tenement Problem 1880-1889
The Gilded age, still a great read WITH photos.
Trump is: Mussolini/Stalin/Hitler combined.
His Red Button is Bigger than the other’s big red buttons.

Hah! Just kicked of Sightline! Said the wrong thing.
Concisely, but not conceivably enuf.

Who convinced us to shun guns so they could keep ripping us off?

Liberals arm yourselves.

“What country can preserve its liberties if their rulers are not warned from time to time that their people preserve the spirit of resistance. Let them take arms.”

• Thomas Jefferson, letter to James Madison, December 20, 1787

“The Constitution of most of our states (and of the United States) assert that all power is inherent in the people; that they may exercise it by themselves; that it is their right and duty to be at all times armed.”

• Thomas Jefferson, letter to to John Cartwright, 5 June 1824

“To disarm the people…[i]s the most effectual way to enslave them.”

• George Mason, referencing advice given to the British Parliament by Pennsylvania governor Sir William Keith, The Debates in the Several State Conventions on the Adooption of the Federal Constitution, June 14, 1788

“Before a standing army can rule, the people must be disarmed, as they are in almost every country in Europe. The supreme power in America cannot enforce unjust laws by the sword; because the whole body of the people are armed, and constitute a force superior to any band of regular troops.”

• Noah Webster, An Examination of the Leading Principles of the Federal Constitution, October 10, 1787

“Guard with jealous attention the public liberty. Suspect everyone who approaches that jewel. Unfortunately, nothing will preserve it but downright force. Whenever you give up that force, you are ruined… The great object is that every man be armed. Everyone who is able might have a gun.”

• Patrick Henry, Speech to the Virginia Ratifying Convention, June 5, 1778

“The supposed quietude of a good man allures the ruffian; while on the other hand, arms, like law, discourage and keep the invader and the plunderer in awe, and preserve order in the world as well as property. .”

• Thomas Paine, “Thoughts on Defensive War” in Pennsylvania Magazine, July 1775

“Both oligarch and tyrant mistrust the people, and therefore deprive them of their arms.”

• Aristotle

Every Communist must grasp the truth, “Political power grows out of the barrel of a gun.”

• Chairman Mao

Be my guest

If I was younger, in better health AND had the meager means I have now a few years ago, then I would in a heartbeat smartass.

What???

I think what I was saying is that sometimes the grass looks greener type of thing.

Make America Green Again.

No subsidies for corporate farming.

Bring back family farming by subsidizing it and Organic farming. Encourage ethical treatment of animals raised for consumption.

Oh, and vote “Green Party” too.

Something like 47,000 people are homeless in LA county. Yet we are fed this propaganda that everything is great. And the Fed will be raising interest rates to shut down this overheated economy???
With Trump in power we are seeing some of the bare roots that play into this divided nation,economic war on the poor, a bloated military with endless war. a media that FAILS to report what is going on(Newsprint does report on happenings around the world and also the homeless situation).
How can anyone say the state of the union is good when 47,000 people are homeless in one county. NBC evening news had a story on a young boy getting off the streets ,being on the streets for 6 years. How can kids be on the street for 6 years??? And the Kock brothers will pop another $100,000 bottle of fake wine.

SUPPORT THE COMMONS!