Home | About | Donate

Six More Charged in Flint Water Crisis, but Still No Accountability for Snyder

Six More Charged in Flint Water Crisis, but Still No Accountability for Snyder

Deirdre Fulton, staff writer

Six additional state employees now face criminal charges for hiding unsafe lead levels leading up to the Flint water crisis—but Gov. Rick Snyder and his top officials continue to evade accountability.

Michigan Attorney General Bill Schuette announced the charges in a press conference on Friday, in which he vowed that "the families of Flint will not be forgotten; we will provide the justice they deserve."

"She specifically called out the 'Republican state government' for using Michigan's emergency manager law 'to take over control of the city.'"
That's why Snyder is ultimately responsible.

Hillary will get right on that, I'm so sure.

Let's hope that there is a record of Snyder's culpability!

"And meanwhile..." the water isn't safe and the infrastructure is crumbling. IMHO, rectifying the horrible wrong that has been done to Flint families should be at least as high a priority as finding out who to jail.

jalp5dai - thanks for what you are doing. Is any significant progress happening at all with Flint water?

If I were to search about I doubt that I would find a phrase as useless and noncommunicating than "justice they deserve". Who decides this, what penalties are the corporate rats facing? It appears that they are fairly low level bureaucrats. Where are the decision makers, where are the water purity tests?

"Still No Accountability for Snyder"

When was the last time you saw someone at the top of such a serious crime ever held accountable?

The way this crisis is playing out with minor people being charged for negligence actually caused by Governor Snyder's policies is similar to the Upper Big Branch Mine disaster in West Virginia. Although there were protective safety policies in place in that non-union workplace courtesy of OSHA, the workers were always in fear of getting fired if the mine inspectors found safety violations that might cost the mine owners fines for not maintaining a safe workplace. The workers had a protocol in place where they would hide safety violations from mine safety inspectors which created a firewall around the Massey Energy CEO, Don Blankenship, so he could remain untouchable, at least until the explosion occurred.

So, Snyder has so far been untouchable because he's been able to shift blsme from him, to worker bees and other subordinates, with policies he developed and administered from his office that are putting minor administrators under the bus that Snyder is driving.

At the heart of this is the Neo-Liberal outsource fever that has gripped the nation since the inception of NAFTA.

What happens to a city infrastructure when you remove the industrial tax base?

Then a group of supply-side pirates takes over the state government. They even try to blame the victims of outsourcing for their problems. Lazy, you know how "they" are. Rinse repeat. It's all too common. The people are now considered the enemy.

You are not starting at the top, but we know full well you do not plan on Taking Down the TOP DOG because you figure we'll all be quiet and just go away, so long as you prosecute the low hanging fruit. Well we are not going away!

Exactly as was done in NJ Bridgegate scandal. Head of the NJ Republicans - Governor Ch ris Ch ris tie is getting away so far, Scott FREE! Criminals like this know exactly what they are doing, and how to manipulate the DOJ of any state or even of the USA. They are almost always LAWYERS themselves, or even in some cases, prosecutors themselves, as with CHR$$$STIE. That does not mean they are not criminals.

Don't forget there are laws for us and none for them at the top.
They will chip away at the low hanging fruit till they get to the Gov. (I don't know what you're talking about) Snyder and then he'll walk.
How do you suppose they can turn America into a third world country without doing things like this? The infrastructure is crumbling because it has to, it's part of the plan.
Now that we know the Dems and Repugs are together in this plan we can no longer blame everything on the Repugs.

It's a good point, markus44

Laura Flanders had a show on the Navajo and Hopi who have been drinking poisoned water,and all the feds want to do is take their land away.---this is all about the commons.

Hilary Clinton is just using the people of Flint as a political prop

I see little info about the big money donors at both conventions--Comcast being one---and little info about all those emails-------NBC seems very upset that sources aren't being reveled.

"Communist Party star and Chongqing Party Secretary Bo Xilai
was convicted of bribery, embezzlement and abuse of power and sentenced
to life in prison on Sept. 22, 2013, in China"